Two of the league’s top hitters will meet Sunday when the Cincinnati Reds (82-79) and Pittsburgh Pirates (61-100) take to the field at 3:05 PM ET, live on SportsNet PT. Nicholas Castellanos is batting .308 for the Reds (-155 favorites on the moneyline) while Bryan Reynolds leads the underdog Pirates (+135) with a .303 average. Reiver Sanmartin starts for Cincinnati while Pittsburgh will counter with Mitch Keller.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of October 3, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Mitch Keller
- The Pirates will send Keller (5-11) to the mound to make his 23rd start of the season. He is 5-11 with a 6.27 ERA and 89 strikeouts through 97 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Tuesday against the Cubs, the righty threw four innings, giving up six earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- Keller is trying to record his second quality start of the year.
- The Pirates have gotten a quality start out of their pitcher in 14 home games (in 80 home contests).
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs with 24 and runs batted in with 90.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Reynolds ranks eighth in AVG (.303), fifth in OBP (.391), 14th in SLG (.523), and 12th in hits (169).
- Colin Moran has 82 hits and an OBP of .338 to go with a slugging percentage of .395 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from