Coming off of a four-hit game last time out, Nick Martini leads the Chicago Cubs (67-90) into action as +100 underdogs against the Pittsburgh Pirates (59-98). Action gets underway from PNC Park at 6:35 PM ET on Wednesday, live on SportsNet PT. Pittsburgh’s Roansy Contreras gets the start, and he’ll go against Chicago’s Kyle Hendricks.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 29, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Roansy Contreras
- Contreras gets the nod for the Pirates and will make his first start of the season.
- He did not pitch in any games last season with a total set by oddsmakers.
- Their pitchers strike out 8.0 batters per nine innings in home games this season.
- They have a 14-10 record this season when their starter records a quality start.
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds paces the Pirates in home runs (24) and runs batted in (88).
- Reynolds ranks 17th in hits (162), 15th in AVG (.296), seventh in OBP (.376), and 16th in SLG (.508) among qualified batters in baseball.
- Colin Moran has 12 doubles, 10 home runs and 33 walks while hitting .267.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from