Like a penguin to the ice, the Pittsburgh Penguins have returned to the Stanley Cup playoffs. The Penguins have reached the playoffs for 16 consecutive years, the longest active playoff streak of any North American pro sports team. They will face a familiar foe in the New York Rangers, their Metro Division rival.
PA sports betting apps are filled with ways to bet on the 2022 NHL Playoffs. Before and during every game, sportsbooks offer ways to wager on the Pittsburgh Penguins with markets such as moneyline, totals and player props.
Let’s take a look at what oddsmakers expect to be a closely contested series between the Penguins and Rangers.
Penguins vs. Rangers NHL playoff betting odds
Pittsburgh Penguins playoff schedule 2022
- Game 1: Tuesday, May 3. Madison Square Garden. 7 p.m.
- Game 2: Thursday, May 5. Madison Square Garden 7 p.m.
- Game 3: Saturday, May 7. PPG Paints Arena 7 p.m.
- Game 4: Monday, May 9. PPG Paints Arena 7 p.m.
- Game 5: Wednesday, May 11. TBD
- Game 6: Friday, May 13. TBD
- Game 7: Sunday, May 15, TBD
Penguins vs. Rangers series betting stats
Penguins regular season stats:
- 46-25-11, 103 points (3rd place in Metro)
- 40-42 puck line
- 40-39-3 O/U
- 3.3 avg. goals for/2.8 avg. goals against.
- Goalie Tristan Jarry (2.42 goals-against average) will miss the start of the series due to a lower-body injury.
- Jake Guentzel’s 40 goals led the Penguins. Sidney Crosby (31 goals, 53 assists) and Guentzel both finished with 83 points.
Rangers regular season stats:
- 52-24-6, 110 points (2nd place in Metro)
- The Rangers won 3 of 4 meetings against the Penguins this season
- 41-41 puck line
- 32-47-3 O/U
- 3.1 avg. goals for/2.5 avg. goals against
- Goalie Igor Shesterkin leads the NHL in save percentage (.935) and goals-against average.
- Chris Kreider scored 52 goals, third-most in the NHL. His 26 power-play play goals led the league.
- Artemi Panarin had 74 assists, fourth-most in the NHL. Panarin led the Rangers with 96 points.
Penguins vs. Rangers series odds, correct score, top goalscorer
Penguins – Rangers series odds
Price varies by PA sportsbook, but it’s close:
- DraftKings and BetMGM: Both teams are priced at -110 to win the series
- FanDuel: Penguins -105/Rangers -115
Correct series score odds at Drafts PA Sportsbook
- Penguins 4-2:+425
- Rangers 4-3:+450
- Penguins 4-3:+550
- Rangers 4-2:+550
- Rangers 4-1:+600
- Penguins 4-1:+650
- Penguins 4-0:+1100
- Rangers 4-0:+1100
Series top goalscorer at BetMGM PA Sportsbook
- Chris Kreider +350
- Jake Guentzel +500
- Bryan Rust +700
- Mike Zibanejad +750
- Sidney Crosby +800
- Artemi Panarin +1400
- Full odds listed on app
Odds to win NHL Eastern Conference
Lead image Gene J. Puskar/AP