The Pittsburgh Panthers will face the Wake Forest Demon Deacons in the ACC Championship game on Saturday, December 4 at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte.
No. 17 Pitt ended their regular season with a 31-14 win on the road against Syracuse. It gave the Panthers their tenth win of the season, the first time they have achieved double-digit wins since 1981.
Pitt finished the season at the top of college football’s ACC Coastal Division (10-2, 7-1 ACC). Wake Forest (10-2, 7-1 ACC) claimed the Atlantic Division. Pitt and Wake Forest kick off the ACC Championship game at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.
Pitt opened the season at +4500 to win the ACC at sports betting apps.
Wake Forest vs. Pittsburgh Panthers betting lines
Wake Forest vs. Pittsburgh Panthers betting preview
- Pitt avg. points for 42.8; Wake Forest avg points for 42.9
- Pitt avg. points against 23.2; Wake Forest 29
- Quarterback Kenny Picket has thrown for 4066 yards and 40 TDs
- Wide receiver Jordan Addison hauled in 1353 rec. yards and 17 TDs
- Running back Israel Abanikanda leads the team in rushing with 580 yards and 5 TDs
- Habakkuk Baldonado leads the team with 8 sacks
- Quarterback Sam Hartman tossed for 3711 yards and 34 TDs
- Two receivers over 1,000 receiving yards, A.T. Perry (1112 yards, 13 TDs) and Jaquarii Roberson (1024 yards, 8 TDs)
- Christian Beal-Smith leads Wake Forest with 557 rushing yards. Hartman leads the team with 10 rushing TDs
- Rondell Bothroyd and Luiji Vilain each have seven sacks
Kenny Pickett Heisman odds
Pickett opened the year at +10000 to win the Heisman Trophy at sportsbooks. Currently at FanDuel, Pickett is +2000 to win the Heisman.
Pickett ranks fifth in the NCAA for total passing yards (4,066) and is tied for second for most passing TDs (40). In 464 pass attempts, he’s only thrown 7 interceptions.
Mock drafts project Pickett to be selected early in the 2022 NFL Draft.
Pitt Panthers bowl projections
What bowl game is Pitt headed to? The answer will be much more clear after the ACC championship game. Win, and they punch their ticket to New Year’s Six game (probably the Peach Bowl). Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a full breakdown on Pitt’s possible bowl destinations.
Championship Week College Football Odds
College football championship betting lines.
Lead image Adrian Kraus/AP