The Philadelphia Eagles season of seemingly unending injuries is over. They head into the winter, licking their many wounds while GM Howie Roseman has to major decisions to make.
How can the Eagles surround franchise quarterback Carson Wentz with playmakers? What to do with aging and often-injured wide receivers DeSean Jackson and Alshon Jeffrey who are under contract for next season?
Don’t forget a questionable secondary with unrestricted free agents Rodney McLeod, Jalen Mills and Ronald Darby. Also, respected veteran safety Malcolm Jenkins wants a new contract.
It doesn’t have to be a long, cold winter without the Eagles, though. There is still plenty of action for Philly sports fans to root on. With hopes of another Super Bowl trophy quashed, let’s not forget the other Philadelphia teams who still have a chance to bring home a title in 2020.
Here’s a quick refresher to check up on those teams. Also listed are their respective chances for postseason success according to various PA online betting apps.
Last 10 Games: 4-6
Sixers betting futures at FanDuel Sportsbook:
- NBA Championship: +1200
Eastern Conference winner: +260
- Division Winner: +160
- Regular Season MVP: Joel Embiid +4100, Ben Simmons +10,000
- Defensive Player of the Year: Joel Embiid +1100, Ben Simmons +1800, Al Horford +10,000, Matisse Thybulle +10,000
Sixers betting futures at DraftKings Sportsbook:
- NBA Championship: +900
- Eastern Conference Winner: +250
- Division Winner: +120
- Regular-Season Wins: Over/under 56.5
- Regular-Season MVP: Joel Embiid +3300, Ben Simmons +15,000
- Rookie of the Year: Matisse Thybulle +10,000
- Defensive Player of the Year: Joel Embiid +600, Ben Simmons +2,500, Matisse Thybulle +15,000
Fox Bet and the 76ers-related odds:
PA sports bettors can also find a plethora of options when it comes to NBA futures at Fox Bet PA.
- Championship Winner: +800
- Eastern Conference Winner: +260
- Atlantic Division: +120
- Regular-Season MVP: Joel Embiid +2800, Ben Simmons +15,000
- Assist Title: Ben Simmons +1600
- Rebound Title: Joel Embiid +2200
- Rookie of the Year: Matisse Thybulle +15,000
Last 10 Games: 5-5
Philadelphia Flyers futures bets at FanDuel:
- Stanley Cup Champion: +2,800
- Eastern Conference Winner: +1,500
- Metropolitan Division Winner: +1,600
Philadelphia Flyers futures bets at DraftKings:
- Stanley Cup Winner: +2,700
- Eastern Conference Winner: +1,300
The Phillies finished their 2019 season 81-81. Manager Gabe Kapler was fired and replaced with former Yankee’s skipper Joe Girardi.
Free-agent signings: Zach Wheeler (SP), Didi Gregorius (SS)
Pitchers and catchers report: Feb. 11
Philadelphia Phillies futures bets at FanDuel:
- World Series Winner: +1,800
- Win Totals: O/U 85.5
- National League Winner: +900
Philadelphia Phillies futures bets at DraftKings:
- World Series Winner: +1,800
- National League Winner: +800
The winner of two of the last three NCAA men’s basketball national championships deserve mention in Philadelphia teams with title hopes for 2020.
Record: 10-3 (#16)
Villanova futures bets at FanDuel:
- 2020 National Champion: +2600
- To Make Final Four: +350
Villanova futures bets at Fox Bet:
- 2020 National Champion: +2000