Baseball is really, almost, back.
Opening Day in the dead of summer may seem like a heat-stroke mirage. But because of coronavirus-induced delays, it’s not. The Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates and the rest of Major League Baseball will start an abbreviated season on Thursday.
In anticipation of the return of MLB action, Fox Sports unveiled its newly redesigned and “fully reimagined” Fox Sports App and FOXSports.com. Both products feature video, storytelling, statistics and live streaming. Real-time odds by FOX Bet Sportsbook are integrated throughout the products.
Fox Sports Bonus Cam
No fans are expected to be at any games for the 2020 MLB season. Media platforms will be looking for various ways to increase fan engagement at home. One of Fox Sports new innovations is a Bonus Cam experience for enhanced fan access. The Bonus Cam will be unleashed during FOX Sports’ first-ever quadruple header on FOX, Saturday, July 25.
David Katz, Executive Vice President and Head of Digital, FOX Sports said in a press release on Monday:
“FOX Sports is known for innovation, and this forward-looking digital redesign marks a new era. Modern sports fans are passionate, engaged and uncompromising. Our bold, distinctive products provide them a fresh way to experience the leagues, teams and players they love.”
Sports, screens and stories
The MLB isn’t the only sport making its way back.
- NHL: Restarts with exhibition games, including one between the Flyers and Penguins July 28 and qualifying series Aug. 1.
- NBA: Resumes with seeding games on July 30.
- NFL: Season plans to start on September 10.
Of course, it all depends on the ever-dynamic nature of coronavirus. But if things progress as planned, all four leagues will be playing at the same time. What was once a famine of live major sports options will suddenly turn to a feast. However, it gives fans a wonderful problem to have – how to watch all of it.
The new Fox Sports products make a claim for sports fan’s second screen.
Key features of the app include:
- Live TV: Every Fox Sports game and studio show is available to TV subscribers. Users can watch in full-screen mode or vertically to get real-time stats, projections, highlights, and social feeds. The selection includes NFL, MLB, NASCAR, MLS, College Football, College Basketball, WWE, PBC, PBA and Liga MX, as well as all FS1 and FOX Deportes daily studio shows.
- Bonus Cams: Select games will have Bonus Cams where fans can watch the live telecast while choosing between secondary feeds with different camera angles and perspectives. The “Watch Party”concept will be features prominantly, also.
- Stories: Snapchat and Instagram meets the sports app. Users can swipe through the day’s top stories and analysis.
- Spread, money line and total, scores, and ability to personalize app with favorite leagues/teams/players.
- The Fox Sports App is available on iOS and Android devices via the App Store and Google Play Store.
Philadelphia Phillies Opening Day 2020
The Phillies start their season on Friday at 7:05 with a three-game series against the Miami Marlins.
Philadelphia Phillies Opening Game odds at Fox Bet:
- Miami Marlins (+165) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-200)
- Phillies total runs: Over/under 4.5
- Marlins total runs: Over/under 3.5
Philadelphia Phillies 2020 betting
FOX Bet futures odds for the Philadelphia Phillies:
- World Series odds: +2,200
- Win total: 31.5 over/under
- National League winner: +900
- National League East winner: +350
- NL MVP Bryce Harper: +1,600
- National League MVP Rhys Hoskins: +5,000
- National League CY Young Aaron Nola: +2,200
- Win totals: Over/under 31.5 (60 games must be played)
- Most hits: Jean Segura +2200
- Top in runs scored: Bryce Harper +2000
- Top in runs scored: Rhys Hoskins +6600
- Most strikeouts: Aaron Nola +2500
- Most saves: Hector Neris +2800
- Home run leader: Bryce Harper +2200
- Home run leader: Rhys Hoskins +4000
Pittsburgh Pirates Opening Day 2020
The Pittsburgh Pirates being their 2020 season on Friday at 8:15 p.m. (7:15 p.m. Central) in St. Louis.
- Pittsburgh Pirates (+175) vs. St. Louis Cardinals (-213)
- St. Louis Cardinals total runs: Over/under 4.5
- Pirates total runs: Over/under 2.5
Pittsburgh Pirates 2020 betting
Fox Bet futures odds for the Pittsburgh Pirates:
- World Series odds: +25,000
- National League winner: +10,000
- National League Central winner: +8,500
- Win totals: Over/under 26.6 (60 games must be played)
- Most Hits: Bryan Reynolds +5000
- Most saves: Keone Kela +1800
Fox Bet MLB bet boosts
- Aaron Nola to win NL CY Young Award boosted from (+2,200) to +2,800
- Jean Segura to record the most hits in the regular season boosted from (+2200) to +2500
- Bryce Harper & Rhys Hoskins both to score a run in Phillies opening game +300
- Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series boosted from (+2,200) to +2500
- Nolan Arenado to win National League MVP boosted from (+1,600 ) to +2000
- Washington Nationals to win the National League boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Mike Trout to record the most runs in the regular season boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Max Scherzer to record the most strikeouts in the regular season boosted from (+550 ) to +700