The Pittsburgh Pirates (57-97) will look to avoid the sweep when they visit the Philadelphia Phillies (81-74) to complete a four-game series. Bookmakers have listed the Phillies as -200 favorites for the series finale, while the Pirates are +170 underdogs to pick up a win. Pittsburgh will send Max Kranick out to start this one, while Philadelphia has yet to name a starter.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 26, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Max Kranick
- Kranick (1-3) gets the starting nod for the Pirates in his eighth start of the season. He has a 7.28 ERA in 29 2/3 innings pitched, with 25 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Marlins, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- Kranick has yet to record a quality start so far this year.
- The Pirates have gotten a quality start out of their pitcher in 11 road games (out of 79 contests on the road).
Phillies Hitting Leaders
- Bryce Harper has put up a team-best 34 home runs and 82 runs batted in.
- Harper ranks 14th in HR (34), fifth in AVG (.310), second in OBP (.418), and third in SLG (.621) among the qualifying batters in baseball.
- Jean Segura has 27 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 35 walks while hitting .295.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB play, Segura ranks 16th in AVG.
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds is batting .295 this season with a team-high 24 home runs and 88 RBI.
- Reynolds’ 158 hits rank 19th, his .295 AVG ranks 16th, his .376 OBP ranks sixth, and his .507 SLG ranks 23rd among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Colin Moran is batting .263 with an OBP of .328 and a slugging percentage of .396 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from