The Philadelphia Phillies will look to pick up their 79th win of the season when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (57-94) on Thursday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET on NBCS-PH, with the Phillies listed as -250 favorites on the moneyline. Aaron Nola gets the starting nod for Philadelphia while Connor Overton is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 23, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Nola (8-8) for his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on four hits in a matchup with the Mets.
- He has earned a quality start 10 times in 30 starts this season.
- In 68 games with 10 or more strikeouts this season, they have a record of 38-30.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Connor Overton
- Overton (0-0) pitches first for the Pirates to make his second start this season.
- In his most recent time out — in relief on Monday — the righty tossed one scoreless inning against the Reds without surrendering a hit.
- The Pirates’ pitching staff allows an average of 1.5 home runs in road games.
Phillies Hitting Leaders
- Bryce Harper leads the Phillies in home runs (33) and runs batted in (80).
- Among the qualifying hitters in baseball, Harper ranks 15th in HR (33), sixth in AVG (.311), second in OBP (.417), and third in SLG (.618).
- Jean Segura has 26 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 34 walks while hitting .298.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Segura’s .298 AVG ranks 16th.
Pirates Hitting Leaders
- Bryan Reynolds leads Pittsburgh in home runs (24) and runs batted in (88) this season while batting .295.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Reynolds ranks 17th in AVG (.295), sixth in OBP (.376), 23rd in SLG (.511), and 18th in hits (155).
- Yoshitomo Tsutsugo is batting .167 with an OBP of .244 and a slugging percentage of .218 this season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from