The Philadelphia Phillies will look to pick up their 79th win of the season when they take on the Pittsburgh Pirates (57-94) on Thursday. The game begins at 7:05 PM ET on NBCS-PH, with the Phillies listed as -250 favorites on the moneyline. Aaron Nola gets the starting nod for Philadelphia while Connor Overton is Pittsburgh’s starter for the contest.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 23, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Aaron Nola
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Nola (8-8) for his 31st start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on four hits in a matchup with the Mets.
- He has earned a quality start 10 times in 30 starts this season.
- In 68 games with 10 or more strikeouts this season, they have a record of 38-30.
Pirates Probable Starting Pitcher: Connor Overton
- Overton (0-0) pitches first for the Pirates to make his second start this season.
- In his most recent time out — in relief on Monday — the righty tossed one scoreless inning against the Reds without surrendering a hit.
- The Pirates’ pitching staff allows an average of 1.5 home runs in road games.
Phillies Hitting Leaders
Pirates Hitting Leaders
Powered By Data Skrive using data from