Bryce Harper (12 games) will look to add one more to his hitting streak when the Philadelphia Phillies (74-72) and New York Mets (72-75) meet on Friday at 7:10 PM ET, live on SNY from Citi Field. Harper and the Phillies are favored by bookmakers with -150 odds on the moneyline. Philadelphia’s Zack Wheeler and New York’s Taijuan Walker have been named the starters for this contest.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 17, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Zachary Wheeler
- The Phillies’ Wheeler (13-9) will make his 30th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up one earned run on five hits in a matchup with the Rockies.
- He has started 29 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in 18 of them.
- Their pitchers strike out 8.9 batters per nine innings in road games this season.
Phillies Hitting Leaders
- Harper has a team-best 33 home runs and 77 runs batted in.
- Harper takes a 12-game hitting streak into this game. Over that span he is batting .436 with four doubles, seven home runs, 10 walks and 14 RBIs.
- Jean Segura is hitting .298 with 25 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks.
- Among the qualifying batters in baseball, Segura ranks 14th in AVG.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from