Odubel Herrera is on the brink of his 99th hit of the season for the Philadelphia Phillies (72-71) as they get set to take on the Chicago Cubs (65-79) on Tuesday.
The Phillies started out as -165 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Citizens Bank Park at 7:05 PM ET, live on NBCS-PH. Kyle Gibson starts for Philadelphia while Chicago will counter with Adrian Sampson.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- Gibson (4-3) will take to the mound for the Phillies and make his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings against the Brewers, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in five of them.
- Their pitchers have logged 30 of those quality starts when pitching at home.
Phillies Hitting Leaders
- Bryce Harper paces the Phillies in home runs (32) and runs batted in (72).
- Harper takes a nine-game hitting streak into this game. During that streak he is hitting .379 with six home runs, seven walks and nine RBIs.
- Jean Segura is batting .296 with 24 doubles, three triples, 12 home runs and 32 walks.
- Segura has hit safely in seven straight games. Over that span he is batting .367 with a double, two home runs, two walks and five RBIs.
Think the Phillies are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Philadelphia taking home the NL East crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Phillies hit those milestones and can pay big, as a $100 bet on Philadelphia to win the World Series would net the bettor $8,000 at odds of 80/1 or +8000.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from