Zack Wheeler will take to the mound for the Philadelphia Phillies (77-74) on Wednesday looking for his 15th win of the season in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles (48-103). Wheeler and the Phillies are -320 favorites to pick up the win in the contest, which starts at 7:05 PM ET on NBCS-PH, live from Citizens Bank Park. Wheeler gets the starting nod for Philadelphia while Keegan Akin is Baltimore’s starter for the contest.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 22, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Zachary Wheeler
- The Phillies will send Wheeler (14-9) to the mound for his 31st start this season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in five innings pitched against the Mets on Friday.
- He has 18 quality starts in 30 chances this season.
- They have 744 strikeouts (9.8 per nine innings) in 76 home games this season.
Phillies Hitting Leaders
- Bryce Harper has accumulated a team-best 33 home runs and 80 runs batted in.
- Among the qualifying batters in baseball, Harper ranks 15th in HR (33), sixth in AVG (.311), second in OBP (.415), and third in SLG (.619).
- Jean Segura is batting .295 with 26 doubles, three triples, 14 home runs and 34 walks.
- Among qualified batters in MLB action, Segura’s .295 AVG ranks 17th.
Think the Phillies are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Philadelphia taking home the NL East crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Phillies hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on Philadelphia to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win NLCS||+2800|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from