The Atlanta Braves (85-72) host the Philadelphia Phillies (81-77) at 7:20 PM ET on Thursday for a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Austin Riley is batting .302 this year, seventh in the league, for the favored Braves (-150), while Bryce Harper ranks sixth in the majors with a .306 average for the underdog Phillies. Ian Anderson starts for Atlanta while Philadelphia will counter with Kyle Gibson.
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog||Underdog Moneyline||Runline||Total|
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings and SportsData.io as of September 30, 2021, 3:00 AM ET.
Phillies Probable Starting Pitcher: Kyle Gibson
- The Phillies are sending Gibson (4-5) to the mound for his 11th start of the season. He is 4-5 with a 4.87 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 64 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance came on Friday against the Pirates, when he threw six innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Gibson enters the matchup with six quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Phillies have gone 37-20 in games when the starter pitches six or more innings while giving up three or fewer earned runs.
Phillies Hitting Leaders
- Harper is batting .306 this season with a team-high 34 home runs and 82 RBI.
- Harper’s .306 AVG ranks sixth, his .414 OBP ranks second, his .610 SLG ranks fifth, and his 34 HR rank 17th among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Jean Segura has 149 hits and an OBP of .347 to go with a slugging percentage of .439 this season.
- Segura’s .292 AVG ranks 19th among all qualified batters in the league.
Think the Phillies are going to go all the way? See a pennant in their future? These are the latest odds from bookmakers on Philadelphia taking home the NL East crown, the NL Pennant and the World Series. A bet on these futures only cashes in if the Phillies hit those milestones and can pay big, as a 100 dollar bet on Philadelphia to win the World Series would net the bettor 10,000 dollars.
|To Win NL East||+800|
|To Win NLCS||+4500|
|To Win World Series||+9000|
Powered By Data Skrive using data from