The G.O.A.T. takes on the Eagles. Who ya’ got? Two weeks after returning to New England, Tom Brady – arguably the greatest quarterback of all time – travels to Philadelphia.
DraftKings has the Eagles as 6.5-point underdogs with a moneyline price of +225. The game’s total is 52.5.
Will the birds fly high? Will the G.O.A.T chew up another team? Week 6 starts Thursday night and Pennsylvania sports betting apps have a number of props and promos loaded up for the primetime game.
Let’s take a look.
Could the Eagles strike first?
The Eagles carry a slight premium in the prices for first touchdown scorer. A number of the Buccaneers have lower numbers than the Eagles’ favorites, DeVonta Smith and Jalen Hurts (both are +1000).
Here are the latest numbers from FanDuel Sportsbook for first touchdown scorer:
- Leonard Fournette: +650
- Mike Evans: +750
- Antonio Brown: +850
- Chris Godwin: +850
- DeVonta Smith: +1000
- Jalen Hurts: +1000
- Ronald Jones: +1200
- Zach Ertz: +1300
- Miles Sanders: +1300
- Quez Watkins: +1500
- Jalen Reagor: +1500
Buccaneers vs. Eagles passing props are pretty close
Surprisingly, the yardage totals for the game’s quarterbacks are pretty close, with only ten yards separating Tom Brady and Jalen Hurts.
- Over 295.5 (-114)/Under 295.5 (-114)
- Over 285.5 (-114)/Under 285.5 (-114)
Brady, who is now 44, had 411 yards passing and five touchdowns last week against the Dolphins. Hurts only had 198 yards passing against the Panthers, but had two rushing touchdowns. Wagers and pricing are also available on passing touchdowns, attempts, completions, and each player’s longest pass.
The longest pass total for both Brady and Hurts is set at 38.5. Each side is priced at -114.
DeVonta Smith props
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have a lot of firepower on offense with receivers Mike Evans, Chris Godwin and Antonio Brown. But Eagles rookie DeVonta Smith is the leader for yardage props, with all sides for each player priced at -114 at FanDuel. Here are the numbers:
- DeVonta Smith: Over/Under 73.5
- Chris Godwin: Over/Under 67.5
- Mike Evans: Over/Under 65.5
- Antonio Brown: Over/Under 61.5
- Zach Ertz: Over/Under 43.5
- Quez Watkins: Over/Under 39.5
- Jalen Reagor: Over/Under 38.5
Jalen or Miles? Who runs for more?
Jalen Hurts’ rushing ability is pretty unique among quarterbacks. Proof of that lies in the props related to the Eagles rushing yards. Hurts leads the Eagles in rushing yardage totals.
Rushing Yardage Totals at FanDuel
- Hurts: Over 45.5 (-114)/Under 45.5 (-114)
- Miles Sanders: Over 34.5 (-114)/Under 34.5 (-114)
- Kenneth Gainwell Over 14.5 (-114)/Under 14.5 (-114)
Odds are also available on rushing attempts, the longest rush, and rushing + receiving yards.
Team total betting
FanDuel Sportsbook has the Eagles’ team total set at 22.5 points, so fans who choose Over (-122) on the team total, need exactly 23 points to profit. The Under is priced at +100.
Tampa Bay’s total is set more than a touchdown higher at 30.5, with the Over at -106 and the Under at -116.
Winning margin wagers offer good odds for the Eagles
Philadelphia fans who are betting with their heart can get a better – if albeit riskier – return by placing a winning margin bet. FanDuel’s numbers for that are as follows:
- Philadelphia to win by 1-13: +290
- Philadelphia to win by 14+: +1200
Brady rushing touchdown
Tom Brady has never been confused with rushing quarterbacks like former Eagle Randall Cunningham, which is why his rushing total is always extremely low. Thursday night, his number is set at 1.5 yards. One positive gain could push him over.
Brady’s rushing yardage prices are:
- Over 1.5: -114
- Under 1.5: -114
Buccaneers vs. Philadelphia Eagles bet boosts
PA sportsbooks have a number of bet boosts available for the Thursday Night Football showdown between the Bucs and Philadelphia Eagles.
- Buccaneers vs. Eagles 1+ touchdown scored in each quarter boosted from +150 to +175.
- Tom Brady to throw 300+ passing yards and Buccaneers to win boosted from +150 to +190.
- Brady and Hurts to each have 99+ passer rating boosted from -133 to +100.
- Mike Evans, Antonio Brown and DeVonta Smith 50+ Rec. Yards each boosted from +170 to +200.
- Hurts 250+ passing yards and 50+ rush yards boosted from +170 to +200.
- Brady and Hurts 300+ passing yards each boosted from +260 to +300.
- Mike Evans to score first TD boosted from +700 to +850.
Lead image Jacob Kupferman/AP