Through the span of two weeks, the Philadelphia Eagles have seen a rapid decline in confidence from their fans and bettors. It’s what happens when you cough up a 17-0 Week One lead and lose 27-17 to a team with no name in Washington and then follow it up with a lifeless 37-19 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
The Eagles and the Cincinnati Bengals will be looking for their first win on Sunday. The Bengals have not won on the road since September 2018.
The Eagles opened as 6-point favorites, but the line at most Pennsylvania online sportsbooks now has the Birds favored by 4.5, with the over/under at 47.
Here’s a look at Bengals at Eagles closing odds.
|Cincinnati Bengals||+4.5||O 45.5 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||-4.5||U 45.5 (-110)|
Sneak peek at Week 4 Bengals at Eagles odds
Bengals vs. Eagles Week 3 Betting Preview
During Week Two, the Eagles opened as 4-point favorites, but the line closed as a pick’em or with the Eagles as 1-point favorites. At DraftKings, 86% of bettors backed the Rams (+1).
It was really never in doubt for Rams point spread bettors as they jumped out to a 21-3 lead by the early second quarter. Facing little pressure, Jared Goff passed for 267 yards and three touchdowns. Carson Wentz failed to throw a touchdown pass in a regular-season game for the first time since November 2018.
No. 1 pick Joe Burrow did not deliver the Bengals a victory on Thursday Night Football against the Cleveland Browns during Week Two. But he did give Bengals point spread backers a backdoor cover. Burrow passed the ball 60 times, the second-most ever for a rookie, for 316 yards and three touchdowns.
Injuries continue to plague the Eagles. Rookie wide receiver Jalen Reagor is headed to the IR with a thumb injury and defensive tackle Fletcher Cox missed practice this week (abdomen).
Bettors lean toward Bengals cover, heavy on the over
Public betting splits at FanDuel for Bengals vs. Eagles:
- 55% of bets and 49% of money for Bengals on the spread
- 63% of bets and 36% of money for Bengals on the moneyline
- 84% of bets and 94% of money on the over (47.5)
- 69% of the public is backing Cincinnati (+4.5) to cover, with 49% backing them to win outright (+180).
- The O/U opened at 47 and has since dropped to 45.5, despite 83% of the public backing the over.
Cincinnati Bengals vs. Eagles betting stats and info from DraftKings
- The Eagles have not covered the spread yet this season.
- The Bengals are 1-1 ATS this season.
- The Eagles’ first two games have gone OVER the total points.
- The Bengals have lost their last 14 road games.
- Seven of the Eagles’ last eight home games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in their last 12 games as road underdogs.
Week 3 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- NFL Profit Boost: Opt in and you’ll get a single-use profit boost to use on every NFL game for Week Two. A 20% profit boost will apply to the winnings (max bet $50).
- 100-1 odds: New users at DraftKings get 100-1 odds on any Week Three game.
- Beat the spread bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- First TD boost: Get an odds boost on select players to score the first touchdown.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Football Double-Up: Place a pregame moneyline wager and get double winnings if your team scores 35 or more points (max bet $50).
- Anytime catch bonus: Place a $25 pregame anytime touchdown scorer wager on the Green Bay vs. New Orleans Saints game and get a $3 bonus for every reception by your selected player (max $25).
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week: Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
NFL Week 3 Philadelphia Eagles bet boosts
DraftKings Bet Boost:
- Jalen Hurts to have at least one pass attempt boosted from (+500) to +545
Fox Bet Boost:
- Eagles to score in every quarter boosted from (+125) to +200
- Successful 2-point conversion or safety scored boosted from (+175) to +225
- Miles Sanders to score first TD boosted from (+700) to +850
- Final score: Eagles 27, Bengals 21 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
Complete Week 4 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Matt Rourke