The Philadelphia Eagles had no luck in Las Vegas and were sinfully awful in Sin City. The Eagles (+2) scored first but the Raiders put up thirty unanswered points to head into halftime with a 30-7 lead and went on to win 33-22. Derek Carr’s 91.1% completion percentage marked a career best and the second best in NFL history. The Eagles’ defense failed to pressure Carr and didn’t sack him once and only registered two quarterback hits.
In one of the only times the Eagles (2-5) will probably be favored this season, sports betting apps opened with the Eagles as 2.5-point favorites against the winless Detroit Lions (0-7)in Week 8.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit Lions betting odds
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit Lions Week 8 betting preview
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit stats from DraftKings
- The Eagles have a 63% win probability.
- The Eagles are 3-4 ATS; the Lions are 4-3 ATS.
- Eagles O/U record 3-4; Lions O/U record 2-5
- Eagles avg. points for 22.7; Lions avg. points for 18.3
- Eagles avg. points against 26.4; Lions avg. points against 28.6
Stat to know: The Eagles are allowing an NFL-worst 74.4% completion percentage. Oh, and fun fact, it equals the best single-season completion percentage by a QB in league history (Drew Brees).
Eagles vs. Lions betting splits from FanDuel (as of Oct 28)
- 76% of the money is on Lions (+3.5)
- 73% of the money is on the UNDER (48)
- 90% of the money is on Lions ML (+162)
Eagles vs. Lions betting splits from DraftKings (as of Oct 28)
- 54% of the money is on Lions (+3.5)
- 65% of the money is on the UNDER (48.5)
- 74% of the money is on Lions ML (+155)
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit Lions Week 8 player prop betting
Week 7 QB props recap
- Derek Carr: Over 285.5 (-115)/Under 285.5 (-115
- Jalen Hurts: Over 251.5 (-115)/Under 251.5 (-115)
Final stats: Carr 323 yards; Hurts 236 yards
- Derek Carr: Over 1.5 (-205)/Under 1.5 (+155)
- Jalen Hurts: Over 1.5 (-120)/Under 1.5 (-110)
Final stats: Carr 2 TDs; Hurts 2 TDs
Check back later for Week 8 Eagles vs. Lions player props
NFL Week 8 sportsbook promos
Promos at BetMGM
- Bet $10, Get $200 if your team scores a TD at BetMGM PA sportsbook.
- Risk-free first bet up to $1,000: For new customers, if your first bet loses, you’ll get the amount of your wager up to $1,000 back in free bets.
- Risk free touchdown bet: Place a prop bet on a player to score the first touchdown of any NFL game and get up to $25 in free bets if your wager loses.
- One game parlay insurance: Opt in and place a one game parlay wager with four legs or more. If one leg loses, you get up to $25 back.
- Bet $1 and get $150: New users who bet $1+ on any NFL or college football game get $150 in free bets
- Risk-free same game parlay: Opt-in and place a same game parlay and if your bet loses, DraftKings will refund you a free bet up to $25.
Promos at FanDuel Sportsbook PA
- $1,000 risk free: New sportsbook users get up to a $1,00 refund in site credit if they lose their first bet.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a 3+ leg same game parlay wager on any Week 2 NFL game and if your bet loses, get a refund in site credit (max $10.)
Philadelphia Eagles 2021/2022 odds tracker
The Eagles went 4-11-1 last season and missed the playoffs for the first time in three years. Sports betting apps put the Eagles win total at 6.5 in the expanded 17-game season and +260 for them to make the playoffs.
|Week 6 |
|Week 12 |
|Week 14||Week 15|
Philadelphia Eagles odds tracker
PA online sportsbooks have betting markets for MVP, Offensive Rookie of the Year, Defensive Rookie of the Year, and Comeback Player of the Year. Nick Sirianni opened at +5000 for Coach of the Year however, Coach of the Year betting is not available in PA.
DeVonta Smith Rookie of the Year odds tracker
|After NFL Draft||Preseason||After Week 1||After Week 2||After Week 3||After Week 4||After Week 6||After Week 8||After Week 11|
|DeVonta Smith ROY odds||+1400||+2200||+1000||+1600||+1600||+1600||+2000||+5000||+5000|
Jalen Hurts MVP odds tracker
|Open||After Week 1||After Week 2||After Week 4||After Week 5||After Week 6||After Week 8|
|Jalen Hurts MVP odds||+6500||+3500||+5000||+4000||+10000||+10000||+20000|
Compare NFL Week 8 lines at sportsbooks
NFL Week 8 odds at sportsbooks.
Lead image credit: David Becker/AP