Unprecedented. Bizarre. Absurd.
The trio of words is an accurate description for 2020 and the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Eagles trailed by as many as 18 points going into the fourth quarter last week against the Baltimore Ravens but somehow managed to rally and come within a failed two-point conversion of tying the game. Injuries have grounded the Eagles. By the end of Week 6, the Birds had only two remaining Week 1 offensive starters still standing (Carson Wentz and Jason Kelce).
Since the NFC East is awful, the Eagles’ (1-4-1) playoff hopes remain alive. For their Thursday Night Football divisional showdown with the New York Giants, Pennsylvania online sportsbooks opening lines listed the Eagles as 6-point favorites. As of Thursday, they were 4.5 point favorites with the over/under at 45.
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles odds
Here are the odds as of Tuesday at DraftKings Sportsbook, followed by updated odds below.
|New York Giants||+4 (-110)||+180||O 43 (-110)|
|Philadelphia Eagles||-4 (-110)||-210||U 43 (-110)|
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Betting Preview
The Eagles showed tremendous heart in their loss to the Ravens but it wasn’t enough to get the “W” or avoid adding to their already absurd injury report.
Week 6 casualties included:
- Miles Sanders (knee, out 1-2 weeks)
- Zach Ertz (ankle, out 3-4 weeks)
- Malik Jackson (quad, out 1-2 weeks)
- Jack Driscoll (ankle, out 1-2 weeks)
Here’s a look at the Eagles offensive depth chart compared to what they started with.
The Giants (1-5) beat the Washington Football Team 20-19 to eke out their first win of the season. However, Washington had more yards (337 yards to NYG 240) and a higher time-of-possession than the Giants who have struggled on offense without running back Saquon Barkley.
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting stats and info from DraftKings
- Under Doug Pederson, the Eagles are 5-0 on Thursday Night Football.
- The Eagles have won each of their last eight night games against the Giants.
- The Giants have covered the spread in each of their last eight road games against NFC opponents.
- Eight of the Eagles’ last 10 home games against the Giants have gone under the total points line.
- The Eagles are 2-4 ATS, the Giants are 3-3 ATS.
- Four of the Eagles’ six games have hit the OVER.
- Three of the Giants’ six games have hit the OVER.
New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 betting splits
- 72% of the money is on the Eagles (-4.5) to cover the Spread
- 61% of the money is on the Eagles (-235) on the Moneyline
- 58% of the money is on the OVER (45)
- 83% of the money is on the Eagles (-4.5) to cover the Spread
- 65% of the money is on the Eagles (-235) on the Moneyline
- 88% of the money is on the OVER (45)
At BetRivers Eagles -4 is the most-bet on wager, with 44% of the total game handle. The Birds have 81% of spread bets and 89% of ML bets.
Week 7 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an 8-team parlay
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $500
- 7 profit boosts and 7 parlay boosts: Following opt-in users will be issues seven 20% parlay boosts and seven 10% profit boosts for NFL Week 7.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Same Game Parlay: Place a same game parlay on any Week 5 and if you don’t win, get a refund up to $10 in site credit.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week:
- Login to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (Max $50 bet).
- Bet on Eagles Special: New users who bet $1 on any Eagles market will get $50 in free bets whether they win or lose. The offer starts Oct. 16 and expires on Oct. 22 at 8:20 p.m.
Week 7 New York Giants vs. Philadelphia Eagles bet boosts
- TNF Prime time prop: Bet on which player will score the first TD and get your bet back if he scores anytime (up to $20).
- Under 4.5 total touchdowns in Giants vs. Eagles boosted from (+100) to +120
- Under 6.5 points in the 1st quarter of Giants vs. Eagles boosted from (+186) to +215
- Evan Engram to score and Giants to win boosted from (+550) to +600
(Max bet $50)
- Eagles to win by 14+ points vs. Giants boosted from (+250) to +300
- Travis Fulgham to score a touchdown and 45+ total points scored boosted from (+314) to +350
- Eagles moneyline +100 (max bet $25)
- Carson Wentz to rush for a touchdown (yes) +315
- Eagles to score a TD in each half boosted from (-200) to +100
- Daniel Jones to have a higher passer rating than Carson Wentz boosted from (-110) to +105
- Darius Slayton and Travis Fulgham to combine for 175 or more receiving yards boosted from (+200) to +230
- Carson Wentz 250+ pass yards, Travis Fulgham 60+ receiving yards, and Boston Scott 50+ rush yards boosted from (+250) to +300
- Wentz 350+ pass yards and Eagles win boosted from (+425) to +500
- Carson Wentz 100+ passer rating and 1+ rushing TD boosted from (+550) to +675
- Wentz to Daniel Jones to have a perfect passer rating (158.3) boosted from (+3500) to +4000
- Final score: Eagles 28, Giants 20 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- Giants & Eagles each to score a touchdown in each half (yes) +115
- Over 3.5 total turnovers in Giants vs. Eagles (yes) -250
- DeSean Jackson to score 1+ TDs and Eagles win (yes) +300
- At least 2 of Boston Scott, Travis Fulgham or Richard Rodgers to score a touchdown (yes) +138
- Golden Tate to record 50+ receiving yards and 1+ TD (yes) +150
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)|
Complete Week 7 NFL Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead image credit: AP Photo/Frank Franklin II