The Philadelphia Eagles travel to Detroit where they are 4-point road favorites against the Lions with the total points at 48.5.
The Eagles enter the season with high expectations. Oddsmakers at Caesars Sportsbook report that 99% of the money is on the Eagles to make the playoffs. However, the Eagles are eyeing more than just a trip to the playoffs after getting drubbed by the Buccaneers 31-15 in last year’s Wild Card.
Last season, the Lions finished with the NFL’s second-worst record last season at 3-13-1. The Lions have +1000 odds to win the NFC North. However, bettors at Caesars are nearly unanimous (96% of money) that the Lions will go over their win total of 6.
The Week 1 game between the Eagles and the Detroit Lions starts at 1 p.m. on Sept. 11. Sports betting apps in Pennsylvania are loaded with ways to bet on the Eagles and all the NFL action before kickoff and live betting. You can choose moneyline, spread totals, parlays, single game parlays and player props. There are also choices to just bet quarters and halves.
Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 1 betting odds
Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 1 betting preview
Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting preview from DraftKings
- The Eagles have a 64% win probability.
- The Lions have covered the spread in each of their last four games at Ford Field.
- Each of the Lions’ last 11 season openers have gone Over the total points line.
- The Eagles have lost three of their last four road openers.
- Last season: Eagles 8-9-1 ATS; Lions ATS 11-6
- Last season: Eagles O/U record 10-8; LionsO/U record 7-10
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit Lions betting splits
- 74.5 of $ on Eagles -4.5
- 75% of $ on Eagles -4.5
- 58% of $ on Over 48.5
- 71% of $ on Eagles ML (-215)
- 57% of $ on Eagles -4
- 79% of $ on Over 48.5
- 52% of $ on Eagles ML -200
At BetRivers Sportsbook at Rivers Casino Philadelphia as of Sept. 7, bettors are nearly unanimous that the Eagles will win and cover
- 94% of the $ on Eagles -4
- 83% of $ on Over
- 97% of $ on Eagles ML
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Detroit Lions Week 1 player prop betting
Philadelphia Eagles Week 1 player props
(At DraftKings as of of Sept. 7)
- Jalen Hurts Over 237.5 (-115)/Under 237.5 (-115)
- Jared Goff Over 242.5 (-115)/Under 242.5 (-115)
- Hurts Over 1.5 (-120)/Under 1.5 (-110)
- Goff Over 1.5 (-115)/Under 1.5 (-120)
- D’Andre Swift Over 51.5 (-115)/Under 51.5 (-115)
- Jalen Hurts Over 47.5 (-115)/Under 47.5 (-115)
- A.J. Brown Over 68.5 (-115)/Under 68.5 (-115)
- Amon-Ra St. Brown Over 55.5 (-115)/Under 55.5 (-115)
- DeVonta Smith Over 49.5 (-110)/Under 49.5 (-115)
- Dallas Goedert Over 44.5 (-115)/Under 44.5 (-115)
- Quez Watkins Over 27.5 (-110)/Under 27.5 (-110)
Philadelphia Eagles betting tips and insight
The FanDuel Sportsbook at Live Casino Philadelphia is located in the South Philadelphia Sports Complex and walking distance to Lincoln Financial Field. Sportsbook manager general manager Bryan Newman shares his insight on betting at the retail location.
On Philadelphia Eagles futures:
Right now the most popular futures bet is on the Eagles to win the Super Bowl. They were 30/1 2 months ago and are bet down to 20/1.
“I think it’s very inflated. I don’t think they are a Super Bowl contender like Rams right now but the public here thinks otherwise.”
The biggest liability as of Sept.9 at FanDuel at Live! Philadelphia is on the Chargers (14/1). If the Chargers win the 2023 Super Bowl, a guest can cash a $50,000 ticket.
Eagles Week 2 betting lines vs. Minnesota Vikings on MNF
Compare NFL Week 1 lines at sportsbooks
Lead image Matt Rourke/AP