The Philadelphia Eagles will face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the defending Super Bowl Champions, in the wild card round of the NFL playoffs.
When is the Eagles wild card game?
- Sunday, January 16 at 1 p.m. on FOX
The Eagles (9-8) opened the season at +275 to make the playoffs and after Week 8 at 3-5, the Birds were +400. They won four of their last five games, to earned the No. 7 seed in the NFC.
Tampa Bay (13-4) finished in first place in the NFC South and are the No. 2 seed in the NFC. The Bucs are led by Tom Brady who (likely) will finish second to Aaron Rodgers in NFL MVP voting. Brady is on the hunt for his eighth Super Bowl win and second with the Buccaneers.
Sports betting apps have Philadelphia Eagles betting lines for the wild card round.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Wild Card odds
Eagles vs. Buccaneers betting stats from DraftKings
- The Buccaneers have a 78% implied win probability.
- Eagles 8-8-1 ATS; Buccaneers 9-8 ATS
- Eagles 10-7 O/U; Buccaneers 9-8 O/U
- Eagles avg. points for 26.1; Buccaneers avg. points for 30.1
- Eagles avg. points against 22.6; Buccaneers avg. points against 20.8
- Underdogs have covered the spread in each of the Eagles’ last 8 postseason games.
- The Buccaneers have won the second quarter in 12 of their last 13 home games.
- The Buccaneers have won 10 of their last 11 home games.
Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl odds, NFC Championship odds
Philadelphia Eagles Wild Card preview vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Eagles hosted the Bucs at Lincoln Financial Field in Week 6 on Thursday Night Football. The Eagles were 7-point underdogs and got a backdoor cover. Jalen Hurts ran for a two-yard touchdown and hit Quez Watkins for the two-point conversion with 5:54 left in the game to cut the score to 28-22. The Bucs then drove down the field but took a knee at the Eagles 8-yard line to end the game.
The Bucs out-gained the Birds 399-213.
At 44, Tom Brady led the NFL in 2021 in passing yards (4,990), TDs (40), and completions (456).
The Eagles’ did not beat a team with a +.500 record. Another knock on the Birds leading up to their matchup with the G.O.A.T. (Brady) will be the quarterbacks they did beat this year.
Quarterbacks Eagles beat in 2021
- Falcons (Matt Ryan)
- Panthers (Sam Darnold)
- Lions (Jared Goff)
- Broncos (Teddy Bridgewater)
- Saints (Trevor Siemian)
- Giants (Jake Fromm)
- Jets (Zach Wilson)
- Washington (Garrett Gilbert)
- Giants (Mike Glennon)
- Washington (Taylor Heinicke)
Philadelphia Eagles playoff history versus the Buccaneers
(consider this a warning label)
The Philadelphia Eagles are the Buccaneers’ most common playoff opponent. It’s the fifth playoff meeting between the two teams and the first since the 20o2 NFC Championship Game. The Bucs sealed the win after Ronde Barber returned an interception 92 yards for a touchdown with three minutes left. They went on to win Super Bowl XXXVII, 48-21, over the Oakland Raiders.
2022 Eagles Draft Picks
- No. 15 (from Miami)
- No. 17 (from Indianapolis)
- Eagles own pick to be determined by playoff finish