With vaccinations increasing and coronavirus restrictions loosening, casinos in Pennsylvania are looking to hire more employees.
As of April 4, casinos could resume drink service on the gaming floor and seating at bars is permitted in addition to expanded capacity.
Sure, casinos are “always hiring” as there are open positions listed on LinkedIn, Indeed, and the casino’s career website. But in the past few weeks, they have amped up efforts to recruit new employees.
Jobs at PA Casinos
Some are hosting job fairs and open full and part-time positions include:
- Table games dealers
- Sports book writers
- Security officers
- Cleaners and more
The following is not a complete list of all casino jobs in Pennsylvania.
Live! Casino Philadelphia
Some job opportunities at Live! Casino Philadelphia such as recruitment marketing specialist and restaurant manager are listed here.
Live dealers at Evolution
Now for something different. Evolution Gaming opened its live dealer studio in Philadelphia and live streams games like Blackjack and roulette for Pennsylvania online casinos. They are actively hiring and for some positions, no experience is necessary.
Even though players aren’t physically seated at the table, it’s important for game presenters to be engaging and professional.
Bryant McKay, Senior Team Manager at Evolution in Philadelphia said:
“We want the players to come back because of how personable you are. It’s something we base our values on – employees who value servicing the customers. It’s how we will thrive and continue to grow. One of the things we stress in onboarding is professionalism and engagement. All of our game presenters have unique personalities and a desire to make the customer want to come back.”
Valley Forge Casino
Valley Forge Casino is hosting a job fair and some positions are eligible for a signing bonus.
Here are the details:
- When: April 29. 10:00 am – 1:00 p.m.; 5:00 p.m – 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Valley Forge Casino Resort
- Positions: VFCR is looking to hire for a variety of positions within Food & Beverage, Marketing, Security, Finance, Information Technology, Gaming Operations and Hotel Operations departments.
- “Hot Jobs” eligible for a $1,500 signing bonus
- Facebook event page
- You can find more information about careers and open positions at Valley Forge Casino Resort.
One of the largest casinos is looking to fill over one hundred positions.
Parx Casino job fair:
- Thursday, April 15 from noon to 4:00 p.m.
- Parx East building – 2999 Street Road, Bensalem, PA (adjacent to Parx Casino)
- Candidates needing an earlier/later time to interview can also make arrangements for the position they are applying for and their time preference by clicking the career page on the website.
- Candidates should come ready with their resume and references for on-the-spot interviews. Safety protocols for the socially-distanced event include masks, social distancing, ample hand-washing stations and temperature checks.
Parx Casino’s Director of Human Resources Susan Eckert talked about the job fair and hiring 100+ employees:
“With our capacity expansion and growing business, we are thrilled to add new team members to the #1 casino team in Pennsylvania. Our business is getting back to pre-COVID days and we are happy to offer really great jobs with benefits to the community and the region. We are seeking those with experience, but it is also a great time to explore a new career in the gaming industry. We offer free job training for those looking to make a change.”
Rivers Casino Philadelphia
Rivers Philadelphia dealer school details:
- Weekday Classes – Morning or Afternoon Classes Offered (6 weeks)
- Weekend Classes – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (5 weeks)
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh dealer school:
- CCAC partnered with Rivers Casino to offer dealer training classes.
- The cost of the class is covered by Rivers Casino for candidates that apply and are selected for training.
- Dealer school starts April 26. Deadline to apply is Wednesday, April 14.
- Dealer schools are offered by casinos in PA on a continuous basis. Check casino websites regularly for updates on deadlines.
The Meadows Casino
Meadows Casino is also having a hiring event.
The Meadows Casino hiring event details:
- Thursday, April 15 from 11 a.m.-1 p.m & 5 p.m.- 7 p.m.
- Devlin’s Banquet Room
Mount Airy Casino
Other casinos in PA hiring
- Thirty jobs are open at Wind Creek Casino in Bethlehem.
- Mohegan Sun Pocono usually posts job openings on their Facebook page and you can view all open position at the career sections on their website.
- Live! Casino Pittsburgh lists over thirty open positions.