In Week 1, Penn State jumps right into its Big Ten schedule on the road against Wisconsin on Sept. 4 at noon. Penn State has won their last four games versus the Badgers dating back to 2012. Pennsylvania sports betting apps have the No. 19 Penn State as 5.5-underdogs against Wisconsin. At BetMGM, Penn State is a five point underdog, the total points is 50 and Penn state is +185 on the moneyline.
Penn State vs. Wisconsin Week 1 Betting Preview
Betting stats and info by DraftKings
- Penn State has covered the spread in each of its last four games against Wisconsin.
- Six of the Nittany Lions last seven road games agains non-AP ranked teams have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Last year, the Nittany Lions finished 4-5 overall and 4-5 ATS. The Badgers finished 4-3 and 3-4 ATS.
Betting info and stats by FanDuel
- Winning percentage prediction: Penn State (42.7%)/Wisconsin (57.3%)
- In their last five games, the Nittany Lions are 4-1 ATS.
- Penn State is 6-1 ATS in its last seven games against Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin is 1-4 ATS in its last five games-
- The total has hit the under in four of Wisconsin’s last five games.
Penn State vs. Wisconsin Week 1 injury report
LB Charlie Katshir is Questionable with an undisclosed injury
WR Danny Davis III is Probable with a concussion
WR Kendric Pryor is Questionable with a concussion
RB Jalen Berger is Questionable with a leg injury
OL Joe Tippmann is Questionable with an arm injury
CB All Ashford is out for the season with an arm injury
TE Cole Dakovich is Out for the season with a leg injury
Ways to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is home to thirteen legal and regulated sports betting apps. There, you can bet on Penn State college football in various ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
Penn State vs. Wisconsin Week 1 Betting splits
Betting splits for Penn State vs. Wisconsin at DraftKings as of Aug. 30
- 67% of the money is on Wisconsin (-4.5)
- 88% of the money is on the OVER 50
- 60% of the money is on Wisconsin ML (-210)
College Football Week 1 Promos at Pennsylvania Sportsbooks
- Hammer the Over: A virtual lock. For every 2,500 DraftKings users who bet on the over for Georgia vs. Clemson, the book drops the total by a half point. By kickoff, the total gets real low but no matter when you bet, you are locked in at the final number. (max bet $25)
- Bet $1 get $200: New users who place a $1 wager on a college football game or on the NFL, get $200 in free bets.
- Risk free bet: Place your first wager risk-free and receive up to $1,000 back in free bets if it loses.
- One game parlay: Opt-in to the promo and place a $25+ one game parlay on a college football game. Get a $10 free bet to use o live betting for any sport.
- 20% parlay boost on college football every week
College Football bet boosts
- No touchdowns in the 1st quarter of Penn State vs. Wisconsin boosted from (+175) to +200.
- Penn State to win or tie the first quarter boosted from (-110) to +110.
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105)
Odds via DraftKings
|Big Ten Title||+900||+600||+650||+500||+600||+500||+1400||+50,000|
|Big Ten East Division||+600||+500||+400|
|To make playoffs||No (-4000)|
|Sean Clifford Heisman||+7500||+7500||+7500||+5000||+4000||+4000||+20000|
Complete Week 1 College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Keith Srakocic/AP