It hasn’t been perfect. But another strong Penn State football season rolls on toward Rutgers on Saturday, after the Nittany Lions steamrolled Maryland 30-0 last weekend.
Penn State (8-2) faces the Scarlet Knights (4-6) at 3:30 p.m. this weekend in Piscataway, New Jersey. Television coverage will be broadcast live on the Big Ten Network.
Most PA sportsbooks have the Nittany Lions as 19.5-point favorites in the game. The over/under is set at 44.5 points.
Penn State betting lines vs. Rutgers
Penn State betting preview vs. Rutgers
Stats provided courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook
- Penn State 7-3 ATS; Rutgers 5-4-1 ATS
- Penn State 7-3 O/U; Rutgers 5-5 O/U
- Penn State 34.0 avg. points for; Rutgers 19.9 avg. points for
- Penn State 19.0 avg. points against; Rutgers 25.9 avg. points against
Penn State players to watch
- Nicholas Singleton: The freshman running back ran the ball 11 times for 122 yards and two touchdowns against Maryland last Saturday, giving him 801 yards and 10 rushing TDs on the season. He has a chance to reach 1,000 yards in the regular season with a strong performance in the two remaining Big Ten games.
- Kaytron Allen: Singleton’s freshman counterpart also had a strong day Saturday, rushing for 73 yards on 16 carries. Allen has eight total rushing TDs on the season.
- Sean Clifford: Clifford only completed 12 passes in the win vs. Maryland, but he managed the game well for Penn State, throwing a touchdown without recording a sack or an interception.
How to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has 14 legal and regulated sports betting apps. You can bet on college football in PA in a variety of ways, including:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see betting lines for wagers on individual players, such as Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.
Penn State Football 2022 betting odds
After last week’s victory, a win on Saturday vs. Rutgers pushes Penn State over its regular season win total.
Let’s take a look at Penn State’s preseason betting futures from FanDuel Sportsbook:
- Win total: Over 8 (-150)/Under 8 (+125)
- Odds to win National Championship: +10000
- Odds to win Big Ten East: +800
- To win 10+ games: +300
Pitt vs. Duke NCAAF betting preview
The Pitt Panthers routed Virginia last week 37-7 and now face Duke in ACC competition. The Blue Devils are 7-3 after beating Virginia Tech last week.
Most PA sportsbooks have Pitt as a 7.5-point favorite in Saturday’s game. The over/under is set at 52.
The Panthers will lean on star running back Israel Abanikanda, who returned from injury last week and ran for 121 yards and a touchdown against Virginia. Abanikanda has 1,207 rushing yards and 17 touchdowns this season.
Duke features a more pass-happy attack. Blue Devils quarterback Riley Leonard has 2,113 passing yards and 13 touchdowns on the season. He’s also a rushing threat with 625 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns on the ground.
Pitt betting lines vs. Duke
College Football Week 12 odds
This weekend’s biggest games are on the West Coast, with No. 8 USC (9-1) and No. 12 UCLA (8-2) meeting in Los Angeles. No. 13 Utah (8-2) and No. 6 Oregon (8-2) also face off.
Here’s an in-depth look at those games and a few others:
- No. 8 USC (9-1) vs. No. 12 UCLA (8-2): 8 p.m. on FOX
- BetMGM spread: USC -1.5
- The Trojans have quietly stayed in playoff contention with a steady performance in Lincoln Riley’s first campaign. The Bruins, however, would love to upset their cross-town rivals and derail their season.
- No. 13 Utah (8-2) vs. No. 6 Oregon (8-2): 10:30 p.m. on ESPN
- BetMGM spread: Oregon -3
- Oregon suffered a disappointing loss to Washington last week. Utah has won four in a row. The winner keeps pace in the Pac 12 Championship race.
- No. 1 Georgia (10-0) vs. No. 24 Kentucky (6-4)
- BetMGM spread: Georgia -22.5
- Georgia’s national title chase cuts through Lexington on Saturday. The Wildcats could reshape a disappointing season with a signature win against the Bulldogs.
Complete College Football Week 12 betting lines at PA sportsbooks
If you’re planning to make some parlay wagers on Saturday, here is the full list of Week 12 college football games and spreads.