The White Out did not disappoint. Penn State (6-1) played perhaps their best game of the season in front of a loud, white-clad crowd last Saturday night in Beaver Stadium. The Nittany Lions beat Minnesota 45-17 and now face No. 2 Ohio State at noon on Saturday, in a game that’s typically reserved for the night-game White Out treatment.
Penn State quarterback Sean Clifford will look to stay hot after passing for four touchdowns against Minnesota. And the Penn State defense will aim for another dominant performance after forcing seven punts in the game with the Golden Gophers.
Most PA sports betting apps have Penn State as a 15.5-point underdog against the Buckeyes, who are a perfect 7-0 and are considered as one of the favorites for college football’s National Championship.
The game’s over/under is set at 60.5 points. Television coverage will be broadcast on FOX. Could Happy Valley be overjoyed with an upset? Let’s take a look at the numbers.
Penn State vs. Ohio State spread and over/under total
Penn State betting preview vs. Ohio State
(Stats provided by DraftKings Sportsbook)
- Ohio State beat Penn State 33-24 on Oct. 30, 2021
- Penn State 4-3 ATS; Ohio State 4-2-1 ATS
- Penn State 5-2 O/U; Ohio State 5-2 O/U
- Penn State 33.4 avg points for; Ohio State 49.6 avg points for
- Penn State 18.9 avg points against; Ohio State 14.9 avg points against
Players to watch for Penn State
- Sean Clifford: The senior quarterback passed for 295 yards and four touchdowns in the win over Minnesota while completing 74.2% of his passes. It was his highest completion rate this season.
- Noah Singleton: The freshman running back is averaging 6.8 yards per carry this season. He also had two rushing touchdowns against Minnesota.
- Ji’ayir Brown: The senior safety leads the team in tackles with 41 and also has a sack, three interceptions, and a forced fumble on the season. He’ll be a key figure for the Nittany Lions as they face an Ohio State offense that ranks No. 15 among all FBS teams in passing yards per game (312.6).
How to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has 14 legal and regulated sports betting apps. You can bet on college football in PA in any of the following ways:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. You won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
Penn State Football 2022 Odds
Penn State has five regular season games remaining this season. The Nittany Lions need three wins to reach the regular season “over.” Here are the preseason odds from FanDuel Sportsbook PA.
- Win total: Over 8 (-150)/Under 8 (+125)
- Odds to win National Championship: +10000
- Odds to win Big Ten East: +800
- To win 10+ games: +300
Pitt vs. North Carolina NCAAF betting preview
Later Saturday night, Pitt faces North Carolina at 8 p.m. on the ACC Network. The Panthers suffered a disappointing 24-10 loss at Louisville last week. Now, Pitt will look to regroup against a North Carolina team that is 6-1 and ranked No. 21 in the country.
Most sportsbooks and betting apps have Pitt as a 3-point underdog in the contest. The over/under is set at 64.5 points.
Pitt’s offense will likely lean heavily on junior running back Israel Abanikanda, who ranks No. 4 among all FBS players in rushing yards (959). Meanwhile, North Carolina ranks last in the ACC in rushing yards allowed per game (186.3).
Pitt vs. UNC spread, moneyline and over/under
College Football Week 9 Odds
Here’s a look at some other interesting matchups on the primetime schedule.
- No. 1 Georgia (7-0) vs. Florida (4-3): 3:30 p.m. on CBS
- BetMGM Spread: Georgia -22.5
- The annual game, nicknamed “The World’s Largest Cocktail Party,” kicks off from neutral-site TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville
- No. 9 Oklahoma State (6-1) at No. 22 Kansas State (5-2); 3:30 p.m. on FOX
- BetMGM Spread: Kansas State -1.5
- The Wildcats look to rebound after losing to TCU last week. The Cowboys beat Texas 41-34.
- No. 19 Kentucky (5-2) vs. No. 3 Tennessee (7-0); 7 p.m. on ESPN
- BetMGM Spread: Tennessee -12.5
- The Volunteers hope to continue the team’s storybook season while a showdown with No. 1 Georgia looms next week.
Complete Week 9 college football betting lines at PA sportsbooks
If you’re looking to make some parlay wagers this weekend, here is the full list of Week 9 college football games.