Penn State (-24) were huge favorites against Illinois but lost in historic fashion in 9 overtimes, 20-18. Nittany Lions quarterback Sean Clifford returned after suffering an undisclosed injury against Iowa, but the offense struggled. The epic extra time game was the first 9 OT game in FBS history. The loss dashed any hope the Nittany Lions have of making the College Football Playoffs and sent their odds to win the National Championship from +7500 to +20000.
Penn State (5-2) fell from No. 7 to No. 20 in the AP Top 25 College Football Poll. The Nittany Lions face No. 5 Ohio State (6-1) on Nov. 6. Sports betting apps opened with Penn State as 17-point underdogs.
Penn State vs. Ohio State betting lines, odds and preview
Penn State vs. Ohio State betting info from DraftKings
- Penn State is 4-2-1 ATS; Ohio State 4-2-1 ATS
- Penn State O/U record 2-5; Ohio State O/U 5-2
- Penn State avg. points for 26.9; Ohio State avg. points for 49.3
- Penn State avg. points against 14.7; Ohio State avg. points against 18.6
However, player props are not offered at PA sportsbooks. You won’t see markets such as individual player props for over/under passing yards for quarterbacks.
Penn State vs. Ohio State betting splits
Betting splits for Penn State vs. Ohio State as of Oct. 30
- 59% of the money is on Ohio State (-19.5)
- 68% of the money is on the OVER (61)
- 83% of the money is on Ohio State ML (-1125)
- 68% of the money is on Ohio State (-19.5)
- 70% of the money is on Ohio State ML
Caesars sportsbook reports that 71% of the money is on Ohio State (-19.5). The Buckeyes have won outright in the last four games against the Nittany Lions. However, they failed to cover in three of them. Penn State has lost its last ten road games vs. Top Ten teams, while going 2-8 ATS. FYI…the two covers came against Ohio State in 2017 and 2019.
College football promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
- Bet $1 get $150: New users who place a $1 wager on a college football game or on the NFL, get $150 in free bets.
- Parlay boost: Get a 33% profit boost on any 3-leg college football parlay.
- Risk free bet: Place your first wager risk-free and receive up to $1,000 back in free bets if it loses.
- One game parlay: Opt-in to the promo and place a $25+ one game parlay on a college football game. Get a $10 free bet to use on live betting for any sport.
- 20% parlay boost on college football every week
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105)
Odds via DraftKings
|Big Ten Title||+900||+600||+650||+500||+600||+500||+1400||+50,000|
|Big Ten East Division||+600||+500||+400|
|To make playoffs||No (-4000)|
|Sean Clifford Heisman||+7500||+7500||+7500||+5000||+4000||+4000||+20000|
Complete College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP