Was it a knockdown or a knockout? Penn State took a huge hit with a 41-17 loss to Michigan last week, but redemption arrives on Saturday with a home game against Minnesota.
The Nittany Lions managed just 268 total yards at Michigan (while giving up 563) in their first loss of the season. Minnesota also lost in Week 7, falling to Illinois 26-14.
Most Pennsylvania sports betting apps set Penn State as 4.5-point favorites heading into the game on Saturday (October 22) at 7:30 p.m. that will air on ABC. The game’s over/under is set at 44.5. (Compare the latest odds below.)
Penn State vs. Minnesota college football spread, betting lines
Penn State vs. Minnesota betting trends and insights
(Stats provided by DraftKings Sportsbook)
- Minnesota beat Penn State 31-26 in 2019
- Penn State 3-3 ATS; Minnesota 4-2 ATS
- Penn State 4-2 O/U; Minnesota 3-3 O/U
- Penn State 31.5 avg points for; Minnesota 34.5 avg points for
- Penn State 19.2 avg points against; Minnesota 11.7 avg points against
Players to watch for Penn State:
- Sean Clifford: The senior quarterback ran for 74 yards (including a 62 yard dash) against Michigan last week. He has nine passing touchdowns and four rushing touchdowns on the season. There are some injury concerns for Clifford this week, as head coach James Franklin said, “Sean got hurt” in the Michigan game.
- Noah Singleton: The freshman running back has 482 rushing yards, five touchdowns, and is averaging 7.0 yards a carry this fall.
- Jake Pinegar: With a close spread, the kicker is worth watching. Penn State’s senior placekicker is a respectable 5-for-7 on field goals this season. His longest field goal this season was a 48-yarder against Auburn.
How to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has 14 legal and regulated sports betting apps. You can bet on college football in any of the following ways:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. You won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
Penn State football 2022 odds
Penn State has six regular season games remaining this season. The Nittany Lions need four wins to reach the regular season “over.” Here are the preseason odds from FanDuel Sportsbook PA.
- Win total: Over 8 (-150)/Under 8 (+125)
- Odds to win National Championship: +10000
- Odds to win Big Ten East: +800
- To win 10+ games: +300
NCAAF Week 8 Odds
While you’re waiting for the Nittany Lions nighttime kickoff, there are a few other college football games in Week 8 worthy of your attention.
Syracuse vs. Clemson odds
- No. 14 Syracuse (6-0) at No. 5 Clemson (7-0): 12:00 p.m. on ABC.
- BetMGM Spread: Clemson -13.5
- The Orange have not been 6-0 since 1987. The winner of this game will become a favorite in the ACC title race.
UCLA vs. Oregon spread
- No. 9 UCLA (6-0) at No. 10 Oregon (5-1): 3:30 p.m. on FOX
- BetMGM Spread: Oregon -5.5
- ESPN’s College GameDay is headed to Eugene, Oregon for this Pac 12 showdown. Oregon’s only loss is to No. 1 Georgia.
Texas vs. Oklahoma State betting lines
- No. 20 Texas (5-2) at No. 11 Oklahoma State (5-1): 3:30 p.m. on ABC
- BetMGM Spread: Texas -6
- Oklahoma State lost its first game of the season last week. Can the Cowboys rebound against the surging Longhorns?
Pitt vs. Louisville college football betting preview
If you want to double down on your college football viewing, the Pitt Panthers take the field against the Louisville Cardinals at 8 p.m. on the ACC Network, just a half hour after Penn State kicks off.
The Panthers beat Virginia Tech on October 8th to improve to 4-2 on the season. Pitt is 2-4 ATS this season and 5-1 on the Over/Under. Louisville is 3-3 versus the spread and holds the same mark (3-3) against the total.
BetMGM Sportsbook PA set the Panthers as 2.5-point underdogs. The game’s over/under started at 55.5 points.
Pitt’s game plan will likely be built around breakout running back Israel Abanikanda, who rushed for an eye-popping 320 yards and six touchdowns in the win over Virginia Tech. The junior has 830 yards on the season.
Pitt vs. Louisville spread, moneyline and over/under
Complete Week 8 college football betting lines at PA sportsbooks
For those of you looking to build some parlays, here is the full schedule of Week 8 games. Enjoy the action.