The Penn State Nittany Lions (+1.5) suffered a rough 23-20 loss against Iowa during a crazy Saturday of college football. Quarterback Sean Clifford left early in the second quarter with an unspecified injury with the Nittany Lions ahead 17-3.
The loss sent Penn State from (5-1) from No. 4 to No. 7 in the AP Polls. Penn State has a week off before hosting Illinois on October 23 for homecoming. Then, they visit Ohio State on October 30.
Sports betting apps currently do not have odds available for Illinois vs. Penn State.
Tough road ahead for Penn State
Clifford’s injury is “unspecified.” The Nittany Lions will need him for the tough road ahead.
There are five Big Ten teams in the AP Top Ten for the fist time in poll history. The Nittany Lions have each remaining on their schedule.
- Oct. 30 at No. 6 Ohio State
- Nov. 13 vs. No. 8 Michigan
- Nov. 27 at No. 10 Michigan State
Penn State’s odds to make the playoffs are currently +1400 at DraftKings.
Ways to bet on college football in PA
There are thirteen legal online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania. You can bet on Penn State college football in a variety ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
However, player props are not offered at PA sportsbooks. You won’t see markets such as individual player props for over/under passing yards for quarterbacks.
College football promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
- Bet $1 get $150: New users who place a $1 wager on a college football game or on the NFL, get $150 in free bets.
- Parlay boost: Get a 33% profit boost on any 3-leg college football parlay.
- For every 500 customers in Pennsylvania who bet on Penn State in the special “Spread the Love” wager, FanDuel will move the spread one point in the Nittany Lions favor.
- Risk free bet: Place your first wager risk-free and receive up to $1,000 back in free bets if it loses.
- One game parlay: Opt-in to the promo and place a $25+ one game parlay on a college football game. Get a $10 free bet to use on live betting for any sport.
- 20% parlay boost on college football every week
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105)
Odds via DraftKings
|Big Ten Title||+900||+600||+650||+500||+600||+500||+1400|
|Big Ten East Division||+600||+500||+400|
|To make playoffs||No (-4000)|
|Sean Clifford Heisman||+7500||+7500||+7500||+5000||+4000||+4000|
Complete College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Matthew Putney/AP