After starting the season 5-0, Penn State had visions of a New Year’s Six Bowl game. Instead, they finished with a 7-5 record are are going to the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1 where they will face Arkansas.
Sports betting apps have odds for all the college football bowl games and Penn State (7-5, Big Ten 4-5) is currently a small favorite against Arkansas (8-4, SEC 4-4).
Penn State vs. Arkansas Outback Bowl betting lines
Penn State vs. Arkansas Outback Bowl betting preview
- Penn State ATS 7-4-1; Arkansas ATS 7-4-1
- Penn State O/U 3-9; Arkansas 7-5
- Penn State avg. points for 26.3; Arkansas avg points for 31.5
- Penn State avg. points against 16.8; Arkansas 24
Top players for Penn State
- Quarterback Sean Clifford has thrown for 2912 yards and 20 TDs
- Wide receiver Jahan Dotson hauled in 1182 rec. yards and 12 TDs
- Running back Keyvone Lee leads the team in rushing with 495 yards; Noah Cain has the most rushing TDs (4)
- Arnold Ebiketie leads the team with 9.5 sacks
Top players for Arkansas
- Quarterback KJ Jefferson tossed for 2578 yards and 21 TDs. He also ran for 554 yards and 5 TDs
- Running back Trelon Smith rushed for 592 yards and 5 TDs; Dominique Johnson leads the team with 7 rushing TDs
- Treylon Burks is tops for the Razorbacks for receiving yards (1,104) and TDs (11)
- Tre Williams has the most sacks on the team with 6
What to know about the Outback Bowl
- Where: Raymond James Stadium, Tampa Florida
- When: 12 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2022
- Who is playing: Penn State vs. Arkansas
- Where can I watch: ESPN2
- Tickets: Upper level seats are available on Ticketmaster for $80. Lower level club seats on StubHub go for around $1,000.
- Will players opt-out of the bowl game? Penn State wide receiver Jahan Dotson is a projected first round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. As of late November, he has not made a decision if he will opt-out of the bowl game.
Penn State 2021 season review
Prior to the start of the season, oddsmakers set Penn State’s win total at 8.5.
Penn State odds at start of college football season
- National Championship: +6000
- Big Ten Title: +900
- Big Ten East Division: +600
- To make playoffs: No (-4000)/Yes (+1300)
- Sean Clifford Heisman: +7500
Bowl game betting odds
College football bowl game odds.
Lead image Julio Cortez/AP