We are…playoff contenders? Maybe. Happy Valley hosted Auburn and a White Out crowd in primetime on Saturday and the Penn State Nittany Lions did not disappoint. They beat Auburn 28-20 to advance to 3-0 on the season. They also covered the 5.5-point spread.
The win moved Penn State from No. 10 to No. 6 in the AP Top 25 Poll. The Nittany Lions National title improved from +6000 during the preseason to +3000.
The Nittany Lions host the Villanova Wildcats on Sept. 25 at 12:00 ET. Early in the week, it was hard to find the matchup listed on sports betting apps. Villanova is an FCS opponent so the game might not be up at most sportsbooks until the end of the week. On Thursday morning, it was on Unibet PA sportsbook and DraftKings with Penn State gvas a 30.5-point favorite and the total points line at 54.5.
Villanova vs. Penn State betting lines, odds and preview
Penn State betting info and stats
- The Nittany Lions are 3-0 ATS this season.
- None of Penn State’s three games so far have hit the OVER for total points.
- Villanova is 3-0. They beat their opponents by a combined score of 136-33.
Ways to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is home to thirteen legal and regulated sports betting apps. There, you can bet on Penn State college football in various ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
College Football promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
- Bet $1 get $200: New users who place a $1 wager on a college football game or on the NFL, get $200 in free bets.
- Parlay boost: Get a 33% profit boost on any 3-leg college football parlay.
- Risk free bet: Place your first wager risk-free and receive up to $1,000 back in free bets if it loses.
- One game parlay: Opt-in to the promo and place a $25+ one game parlay on a college football game. Get a $10 free bet to use o live betting for any sport.
- 20% parlay boost on college football every week
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105)
Odds via DraftKings
|Big Ten Title||+900||+600||+650||+500||+600||+500||+1400||+50,000|
|Big Ten East Division||+600||+500||+400|
|To make playoffs||No (-4000)|
|Sean Clifford Heisman||+7500||+7500||+7500||+5000||+4000||+4000||+20000|
Complete Week 4 College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP