We are…Penn State. But we can’t beat a Top Ten under James Franklin. Penn State lost to No. 9 Michigan, 21-17 as Erick All caught a 49-yard TD pass from Cade McNamara with 3:29 left to give the Wolverines the go-ahead core. Michigan (9-1, 6-1 Big Ten) remains in the hunt for a Big Ten championship. Penn State (6-4, 3-4 Big Ten) seems headed to either the Outback Bowl or Las Vegas Bowl.
During Franklin’s eight-year tenure as head coach, the Nittany Lions are 2-11 against Top Ten opponents. Penn State finishes the regular season on Nov. 27 against currently-ranked No. 7 Michigan State (9-1).
The Nittany Lions play their last home game of the 2021 season at Happy Valley on Nov. 20 at noon against Rutgers (5-5, 2-5 Big Ten).
Sports betting apps opened with Penn State as an 18-point favorite against Rutgers with the total points line at 47
Rutgers vs. Penn State betting lines, odds and preview
Rutgers vs. Penn State betting info DraftKings
- Penn State is 6-3-1 ATS; Rutgers 6-3-1 ATS
- Penn State O/U record 2-8; Rutgers O/U 2-8
- Penn State avg. points for 26; Rutgers avg. points for 26
- Penn State avg. points against 17.1; Rutgers avg. points against 17.1
College football player props are not offered at PA sportsbooks. You won’t see markets such as individual player props for over/under passing yards for quarterbacks.
Players to watch for Penn State
- Sean Clifford has passed for 2576 yards, 17 TDs, and 6 INTs
- Jahan Dotson hauled in 993 receiving yards and 9 TDs
- Keyvone Lee leads the Nittany Lions with 375 rushing yards
College football promos at sports betting apps
- New user promo: Risk-free first bet up to $1,000. If your first bet loses, you’ll get up to $1,000 back in free bets.
- New user promo: When you join FanDuel sportsbook and place your first bet, if you lose, you’ll get a refund of up $1,000 in site credit.
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105).
After starting the season 5-0, Penn State was +3000 win the College Football National Championship. Now, at 6-4, their odds are +50,000. Their odds for a Big Ten Championship were +500, now they are +50,000.
2022 NFL Mock Draft
What Nittany Lions will be selected in the 2022 NFL Draft?
Walter Football currently has CB Tariq Castro-Fields mocked to the Vikings at pick 12 and WR Jahan Dotson to the Green Bay Packers at No. 28. ProFootballNetwork mocks Dotson as a second-rounder (pick 49) and OT Rasheed Walker at pick 55.
Complete College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP