Despite 35 players battling flu-like symptoms leading up to their Big Ten matchup with Rutgers, Penn State got a shot in the arm from their freshman quarterback. Christian Veilleux took over for a Sean Clifford and tossed three touchdowns to lead the Nittany Lions to a 28-0 win. Penn State covered the double-digit (18) point spread and the total points (47) went Under.
The Nittany Lions (7-4, 4-4 Big Ten) finish their regular season on Nov. 27 when they visit East Lansing to face No. 12 Michigan State. Spartans running back Kenneth Walker III (+2200) has the fourth-best odds to win the Heisman Trophy.
Michigan State (9-2, 6-2 Big Ten) is coming off a 56-7 drubbing at the hands of Ohio State. The loss dropped the Spartans from No. 7 to No. 12 and dashed any hopes of making the College Football Playoffs.
Sports betting apps have Penn State as a 1.5-point underdogs against Michigan State with the total points line at 52.5.
Penn State vs. Michigan State betting lines, odds and preview
Penn State betting info DraftKings vs. Michigan State
- Penn State is 7-3-1 ATS; Michigan State 7-3-1 ATS
- Penn State O/U record 2-9; Michigan State O/U 6-5
- Penn State avg. points for 26.2; Michigan State avg. points for 32.1
- Penn State avg. points against 15.5; Michigan State avg. points against 25.5
College football player props are not offered at PA sportsbooks. You won’t see markets such as individual player props for over/under passing yards for quarterbacks.
Players to watch for Penn State
- Sean Clifford has passed for 2599 yards, 17 TDs, and 6 INTs
- Jahan Dotson hauled in 1054 receiving yards and 10 TDs
- Keyvone Lee leads the Nittany Lions with 416 rushing yards, 2 TDs
College Football Week 13 National Championship and Heisman futures
Teams with best odds to win the College Football National Championship at BetMGM
- Georgia -125
- Ohio State +300
- Alabama +350
- Cincinnati +3000
- Notre Dame +4000
- Michigan +4000
Players with best odds to win the Heisman Trophy
- CJ Stroud -200
- Bryce Young +150
- Matt Corral +1600
- Kenneth Walker III +2200
- Kenny Pickett +4000
College football promos at sports betting apps
- New user promo: Risk-free first bet up to $1,000. If your first bet loses, you’ll get up to $1,000 back in free bets.
- New user promo: When you join FanDuel sportsbook and place your first bet, if you lose, you’ll get a refund of up $1,000 in site credit.
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105). They started the season 5-0 and were +3000 win the College Football National Championship.
Penn State 2021 Bowl Projections
What bowl game is Penn State going to and who will be their opponent?
Some projections include
- Music City Bowl on Dec. 30: Penn State vs. Missouri
- Pinstripe Bowl on Dec. 29: Penn State vs. Virginia
Complete College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP