The No. 22 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-3, 2-3 Big Ten) will be trying to snap a three-game losing run against the Maryland Terrapins (5-3, 2-3 Big Ten). Despite that, the Nittany Lions are heavy favorites (-10). The over/under for this one is set at 56.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 6, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: College Park, Maryland
- Stadium: Maryland Stadium
Nittany Lions Player Insights
- Sean Clifford has 2,008 passing yards (251 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 65.2% of his passes and collecting 13 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 134 rushing yards (16.8 ypg) on 56 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Noah Cain’s team-high 258 rushing yards (32.3 per game) have come on 83 carries, with four touchdowns this year.
- This season Keyvone Lee has piled up 48 carries for 237 yards (29.6 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jahan Dotson’s 690 receiving yards (86.3 yards per game) lead the team. He has 60 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has racked up 482 receiving yards (60.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 41 passes this year.
- Keandre Lambert’s 25 receptions are good enough for 383 yards (47.9 ypg) and two touchdowns.
Nittany Lions Team Stats
- The Terrapins have allowed their opponents to score 30.4 points per game, 3.9 more than the 26.5 the Nittany Lions are scoring per contest.
- When it meets or exceeds what Maryland gives up this season (30.4 points per game), Penn State is 2-0.
- The Terrapins have averaged 12.3 more points scored this year (29.3) than the Nittany Lions have allowed (17).
- Penn State is 5-2 this season in games where they allow less than 29.3 points.
- The Terrapins defense has given up an average of 396.4 yards per game in 2021, a total of 22.5 yards more than the 373.9 the Nittany Lions offense has averaged.
- The Nittany Lions average 267 passing yards per game (34th in the FBS) compared to the 241.5 per game the Terrapins allow (88th in college football).
Nittany Lions Betting Insights
- Penn State has covered the spread five times over eight games with a set spread.
- In games they have played as 10-point favorites or more, the Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 2-2.
- Games involving Penn State have hit the over twice this season.
- Penn State has won three games against the spread in conference play this season, while failing to cover twice.
- The Nittany Lions have been favored by 10 points or more two times in Big Ten action this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Last time out, the Nittany Lions took the loss against the Ohio State Buckeyes, 33-24. The Nittany Lions covered the spread as 18.5-point underdogs.
- The two teams combined to go under the point total (60.5).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from