Two of the country’s strongest defenses meet when the No. 3 Iowa Hawkeyes (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten) carry college football’s second-ranked scoring D into a contest versus the No. 4 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-0, 2-0 Big Ten), with the No. 3 defense, on Saturday, October 9, 2021. The Hawkeyes are just 2.5-point favorites. An over/under of 41 points has been established for the matchup.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- Location: Iowa City, Iowa
- Stadium: Kinnick Stadium
Nittany Lions Player Insights
- Sean Clifford has 1,336 passing yards (267.2 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 67.3% of his passes and throwing 11 touchdown passes and three interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 137 rushing yards (27.4 ypg) on 41 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Noah Cain’s team-high 187 rushing yards (37.4 per game) have come on 59 carries, with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Keyvone Lee has rushed for 174 yards (34.8 per game) on 28 carries.
- Jahan Dotson’s 446 receiving yards (89.2 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s registered 35 receptions and six touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has hauled in 25 passes for 331 yards (66.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Keandre Lambert’s 13 catches have netted him 224 yards (44.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Nittany Lions Team Stats
- The Nittany Lions have put an average of 30 points per game on the board this year, 18.4 more than the 11.6 the Hawkeyes have surrendered.
- Penn State is 5-0 overall when scoring more than 11.6 points this season.
- The Hawkeyes average 33.2 points per game, 21.2 more than the Nittany Lions surrender per matchup (12).
- This season Penn State has a 5-0 record in games when it holds opponents to less than 33.2 points.
- The Nittany Lions offense has averaged 416.6 yards per game this season, 145.2 more yards than the 271.4 the Hawkeyes defense has allowed.
- The Hawkeyes allow 87 rushing yards per game (12th in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ rushing game ranks 89th in college football (130.6).
Nittany Lions Betting Insights
- Penn State has covered the spread in a matchup four times this season (4-1-0).
- In games they have played as 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Nittany Lions have a perfect ATS record of 1-0.
- Games involving Penn State have hit the over once this season.
- The Nittany Lions have won their only Big Ten game this year when playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs.
- The Nittany Lions picked up a 24-0 win last time out against the Indiana Hoosiers, covering the spread as 12-point favorites.
- The teams combined for 24 points, going under on a total of 54.5 points.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from