Having taken four straight, the No. 4 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten) will play the Indiana Hoosiers (2-2, 0-1 Big Ten). The Nittany Lions are heavy favorites (-11). The matchup has an over/under of 53.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 2, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: University Park, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Beaver Stadium
Nittany Lions Player Insights
- Sean Clifford has 1,158 passing yards (289.5 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 71.7% of his passes and tossing eight touchdown passes and two interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 79 rushing yards (19.8 ypg) on 31 carries with one rushing touchdown.
- Noah Cain has carried the ball 48 times for a team-high 164 yards (41.0 per game), with three touchdowns this year.
- This season Keyvone Lee has racked up 100 yards (25.0 per game) on 20 attempts.
- Jahan Dotson’s team-high 362 receiving yards (90.5 yards per game) have come on 27 receptions with four touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has recorded 301 receiving yards (75.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 23 passes this year.
- Keandre Lambert’s 11 grabs have netted him 199 yards (49.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
Nittany Lions Team Stats
- The Nittany Lions have put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game this season (31.5) as the Hoosiers have allowed (29.3).
- When it meets or goes over what Indiana gives up this season (29.3 points per game), Penn State is 2-0.
- The Hoosiers have averaged 14.8 more points this season (29.8) than the Nittany Lions have allowed (15.0).
- When the Penn State defense allows less than 29.8 points the Nittany Lions have accumulated a 4-0 record.
- The Hoosiers have given up 337.5 yards per game, 83.8 yards fewer than the Nittany Lions have generated (421.3).
- The Hoosiers allow 108.5 rushing yards per game (32nd in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ running game ranks 108th in college football (113.5).
Nittany Lions Betting Insights
- Penn State has put together a 3-1-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions have an ATS record of 1-1 when playing as at least 11-point favorites.
- Penn State’s games have gone over the total once this season.
- Last time out, the Nittany Lions bested the Villanova Wildcats, 38-17. The Wildcats won against the spread as 29.5-point underdogs.
- The total scoring in that game hit the over on 53-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from