The No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (5-1, 2-1 Big Ten) and Illinois Fighting Illini (2-5, 1-3 Big Ten) will face off in a matchup of two conference rivals. The Nittany Lions are big favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -24). The game has an over/under of 45.5 points.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 23, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 23, 2021
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: University Park, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Beaver Stadium
Nittany Lions Player Insights
- Sean Clifford has thrown for 1,482 yards (247 ypg) to lead Penn State, completing 66.3% of his passes and collecting 11 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season. He’s also contributed in the ground game with 173 rushing yards (28.8 ypg) on 44 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Keyvone Lee’s team-high 204 rushing yards (34 per game) have come on 38 carries this year.
- This season Noah Cain has rushed for 202 yards (33.7 per game) on 67 carries with four touchdowns.
- Jahan Dotson’s team-leading 494 receiving yards (82.3 yards per game) have come on 43 receptions with six touchdowns.
- Parker Washington has racked up 357 receiving yards (59.5 yards per game) and two touchdowns, hauling in 28 passes this year.
- Keandre Lambert has hauled in 18 catches for 285 yards (47.5 ypg) and one touchdown this season.
Nittany Lions Team Stats
- The Nittany Lions have averaged 3.7 more points this season (28.3) than the Fighting Illini have allowed (24.6).
- When it meets or exceeds what Illinois gives up this season (24.6 points per game), Penn State is 3-0.
- The Fighting Illini have averaged 3.9 more points this year (17.7) than the Nittany Lions have allowed (13.8).
- When Penn State limits opposing offenses to less than 17.7 points it is 4-0.
- The Fighting Illini defense has allowed an average of 427.9 yards per game in 2021, a total of 32.9 yards more than the 395 the Nittany Lions offense has averaged.
- The Fighting Illini’s defense gives up 264.7 yards through the air per game (110th in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ 268.3 passing yards per game is 32nd in college football.
Nittany Lions Betting Insights
- Penn State has put together a 4-2-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Nittany Lions have not covered a spread (0-1) when playing as at least 24-point favorites.
- This season, Penn State’s games have hit the over twice.
- The Nittany Lions took the loss 23-20 last time out when they took on the Iowa Hawkeyes. The Hawkeyes covered the spread as 2.5-point favorites.
- The two teams combined to go over the point total (41).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from