Penn State football opens their 2022 season with a Big Ten conference game against Purdue on Sept. 1 at 8 p.m. Pennsylvania sportsbooks have Penn State as 3.5-point favorites with the total points at 52.5.
Purdue and Penn State are unranked. It is the first time since 2016 that the Nittany Lions have not cracked the AP College Football Top 25 preseason poll as they were in last week’s Coaches Poll.
Purdue vs. Penn State betting lines and preview
Penn State Betting info and stats by DraftKings PA Sportsbook
- Seven of Penn State’s last eight road games against non-AP ranked teams have gone under the total points line.
- Purdue has covered the spread in each of its last four games against non-AP ranked teams
- In 2021, Penn State was 7-6 overall, 7-5-1 ATS, and 3-10 O/U.
- In 2021, Purdue was 9-4 overall, 8-5 ATS, and 5-8 O/U.
Players to watch for Penn State
- Sean Clifford: The quarterback returns for his 6th season at Penn State. The Nittany Lions started their 2021 season 6-0 and things went downhill after Clifford was injured in an Oct. 9 to Iowa. He finished the year with 3.107 passing yards and 21 TDs.
- Parker Washington: Wide receiver Jahan Dotson was selected by the Washington Commanders in the first round of the NFL Draft. As a No. 2 receiver last year, Washington had 64 receptions and 820 yards.
- Keyvone Lee: The Nittany Lions had a sub-par rushing game last year. Lee led with 530 yards and 2 TDs.
Players to watch for Purdue
- Aidan O’Connell: Passed for 3,712 yards last year and 28 TDs
- PJ Mustipher: Mustipher is a huge DE (6’4”, 329 pounds) who only played six games due to injury.
College football Week 1 betting analysis and insight: Penn State vs. Purdue
College football Week 1 betting splits at DraftKings
(As of Aug. 30)
- 64% of the money is on Penn State -3
- 60% of the money is on the Under (52.5)
- 72% of the money is on Penn State ML -165
Week 1 college football underdogs getting the most moneyline bets at @CaesarsSports:
1. Notre Dame (at Ohio State)
2. Purdue (vs. Penn State)
3. Illinois (at Indiana)
Week 1 underdogs getting most moneyline dollars:
1. Florida (vs. Utah)
3. West Virginia (at Pitt)
— Max Meyer (@TheMaxMeyer) August 30, 2022
Ways to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania has 14 legal and regulated sports betting apps. There, you can bet on college football in various ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
College Football Week 1 promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
FanDuel Sportsbook in PA is offering customers one of the best promos to kick off college football Week 1 action – bet $5 and get $150, win or lose.
Penn State Football 2022 odds
Let’s take a look at Penn State futures at the start of the season at FanDuel Sportsbook:
- Win total: Over 8 (-150)/Under 8 (+125)
- Odds to win National Championship: +10000
- Odds to win Big Ten East: +800
- To win 10+ games: +300
Complete Week 1 College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP