It’s a much “happier” Happy Valley for Penn State football this season. They are 2-0 and back at a full capacity Beaver Stadium. A hot start (and an Ohio State loss) has improved Penn State’s chances of making the College Football Playoffs. Their odds to make the playoffs before the start of the season were +1300. They are currently +700 at DraftKings.
The No. 10 Nittany Lions host the No. 22 Auburn Tigers in Week 3. Happy Valley will again host ESPN’s College GameDay which will be highlighting the 7:30 p.m. prime time matchup. It’s the fifth straight year GameDay visited State College and Penn State is only school to host GameDay every year since 2017.
Penn State vs. Auburn betting lines, odds and preview
Betting info and stats
- Penn State was underdogs against Wisconsin in Week 1 and heavy favorites against Ball State.
- Auburn has outscored their two opponents (Akron and Alabama State) 122-10.
- Penn State and Auburn have only played each other twice. The most recent was in 2003.
- This will be the first time Auburn has ever played at Beaver Stadium.
Betting preview from DraftKings
- The favorite has covered the spread in each of Auburn’s last nine games.
- Each of Penn State’s last four games in September have gone UNDER the total points line.
Auburn vs. Penn State betting splits from DraftKings (Sept. 18).
- 76% of the money is on Penn State (-5)
- 77% of the money is on the UNDER (52.5)
- 68% of the money is on Auburn ML (+170)
Auburn vs. Penn State betting splits from FanDuel (Sept. 17)
- 68% of the money is on Penn State (-5.5)
- 88% of the money is on the OVER (52.5)
- 85% of the money is on Auburn ML
Ways to bet on college football in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania is home to thirteen legal and regulated sports betting apps. There, you can bet on Penn State college football in various ways such as:
- Live/in-game betting
- 1st half spread, moneyline, total,
Player props for college football are not offered at Pennsylvania sportsbooks. So, you won’t see lines for “Sean Clifford over/under passing yards.”
College Football Week 3 promos at Pennsylvania sportsbooks
- Bet $1 get $200: New users who place a $1 wager on a college football game or on the NFL, get $200 in free bets.
- Parlay boost: Get a 33% profit boost on any 3-leg college football parlay.
- Risk free bet: Place your first wager risk-free and receive up to $1,000 back in free bets if it loses.
- One game parlay: Opt-in to the promo and place a $25+ one game parlay on a college football game. Get a $10 free bet to use o live betting for any sport.
- 20% parlay boost on college football every week
Week 3 college football odds boosts at PA sports betting apps
- Penn State to not allow a 1st quarter touchdown boosted from (-120) to -110
- Penn State to Cover -6.5 boosted from (+105) to +150.
- Penn State to lead by 7+ points at halftime boosted from (+130) to +160.
Penn State 2021 odds tracker
Penn State over/under win total prior to the start of the season OVER 8.5 (-125)/UNDER 8.5 (+105)
Odds via DraftKings
|Big Ten Title||+900||+600||+650||+500|
|Big Ten East Division||+600||+500||+400|
|To make playoffs||No (-4000)|
|Sean Clifford Heisman||+7500||+7500||+7500||+5000|
Complete Week 3 College Football Odds at PA Sportsbooks
Lead photo by Barry Reeger/AP