Penn Entertainment announced an overhaul to the company’s rewards program that better serves its customers. The gaming company is launching Penn Play, a new loyalty system that’s replacing the mychoice program.
It offers new features, designed to better track credits under the Penn umbrella.
Penn Entertainment’s new loyalty program
Replacing mychoice, Penn Entertainment launched Penn Play, according to a press release.
The company is introducing Penn Cash, which is the new loyalty currency for the program. Customers can earn, track and redeem Penn Cash through gaming, dining, shopping or staying at Penn destinations across the country. Customers can also earn Penn Cash by using the Barstool Sportsbook and Hollywood PA Casino.
“PENN’s business has transformed over the last few years as we’ve expanded our retail, online gaming and entertainment experiences,” President and CEO Jay Snowden said. “With the rebranding of our loyalty program to PENN Play, we are taking steps to better align all of our brands under the PENN umbrella and create a more seamless omni-channel experience for our customers, which we believe will have a meaningful impact on both our retail and online gaming performance.”
Highlights of Penn Play system
Penn Entertainment is kicking off the new program promotional campaign that will award $1.5 million in Penn Cash and prizes to members. To win, members must download the Penn Play app and visit Penn’s promotional page.
In addition to the new campaign, Penn is rolling out new features for the program. From the press release:
- Meaningful rewards are more accessible to everyone. Customers can begin earning just by signing up, including at the new Play tier level. Additional benefits and rewards are unlocked at each of the five tier levels – Play, Advantage, Preferred, Elite and Owners Club.
- Access to a new marketplace featuring popular retailers where members can redeem gifts and also earn tier points and Penn Cash on everyday items.
- Access to new, exciting perks and entertainment experiences with Penn partner brands, including Live Nation and Choice Hotels.
- A new rewards website and mobile app, which allow members to participate in exclusive promotions and track progress towards earning exciting rewards that can be redeemed anywhere they play.
- Additionally, Penn Play is supported by the company’s industry leading cardless, cashless and contactless 3 C’s technology to better meet the preferences of customers.
- Penn Entertainment Mastercard credit card sign-up incentives.
Penn’s rebrand also features program enhancements for active-duty military, veterans and first responders. Penn’s Heroes are eligible for tier upgrades, discounts across hotels, dining and shopping at Penn locations. The program has more than 182,000 heroes enrolled in the program since launching in May 2021.
Penn Entertainment’s presence in PA
Penn Entertainment has a large footprint in PA, especially on the retail side. The company has four land-based Pennsylvania casinos located in the Keystone State, all of which are Hollywood properties:
- The Meadows
- Penn National
Both properties in York and Morgantown are considered PA mini-casinos and opened in 2021.
Penn also operates Barstool Sportsbook and online casino in PA, along with Hollywood Casino.
Hollywood Casino at The Meadows and Hollywood Casino at Penn National finished fifth and sixth, respectively, in slot revenue in 2022:
- Parx Casino: $393.8 million
- Wind Creek Bethlehem: $272.1 million
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh: $266.9 million
- Mohegan Pennsylvania: $185 million
- Hollywood Casino at The Meadows: $162.8 million
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National: $155.1 million
The Meadows and Penn National finished 10th and 11th out of 17 properties, respectively, in table games revenue.
Barstool Sportsbook earned the third-most sports betting revenue in 2022, recording $21.6 million. FanDuel PA Sportsbook led the state with $210 million in revenue followed by DraftKings Sportsbooks’ $76.2 million.
Through its licenses with BetMGM Casino PA, DraftKings Casino and Hollywood, Penn recorded the most online casino revenue with $561.2 million last year.