No preseason means the NFL and bettors will be jumping right in during Week One. Big questions like how fast rookies can adjust and if players like Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger can return to form after a major injury won’t have the grace period that exhibition games provide.
One thing is certain: There are more ways to bet on the NFL in Pennsylvania than last year. There are now nine online sportsbooks, and Penn National’s Barstool Sportsbook is planning to arrive on Sept. 15.
Week 1 NFL betting lines at PA sportsbooks
Here is a look at the current betting lines at DraftKings, FanDuel and BetRivers (select PA in the drop-down menu).
Colts and Ravens biggest favorites of the week
For Week One, the Indianapolis Colts are 8-point favorites over the Jacksonville Jaguars. It will be quarterback Phillip Rivers‘ first game under-center for the Colts. The 38-year-old is playing behind a solid offensive line in a new uniform for the first time in his 16-year NFL career. The Jaguars are expected to be one of the worst teams in the league, so this could just be the beginning of them being the biggest dogs of the week.
The Baltimore Ravens finished 2019 with the best regular season record and open 2020 as 7.5-point favorites when they host the Cleveland Browns. Last year, the Browns were 5-10-1 ATS and the Ravens were 10-6-1. When the Ravens were favored, they covered the spread 57.7% of the time.
Monday night’s Dallas Cowboys vs. LA Rams game has the highest over/under (50).
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Week 1 Betting Preview
The Philadelphia Eagles look like they haven’t beat the injury bug that wreaked havoc on their roster last season. A few days ahead of their Week One matchup, six Birds landed on the injury report, including Miles Sanders and Lane Johnson. The Eagles opened up last year against Washington and fell behind 17-0 before escaping with a 32-27 win. It was the only full game wide receiver DeSean Jackson played, and the Eagles would be thrilled to get a repeat explosive performance (eight rec, 154 yds, two TDs).
Carson Wentz will be happy to have him back, especially with first-round pick Jalen Reagor questionable (shoulder) and veteran wide receiver Alshon Jeffery still on the mend (foot).
Second-year quarterback Dwayne Haskins starts out the Ron Rivera era in Washington. No. 2 overall pick Chase Young seeks to strengthen the Washington D, who gave up 69 total points to Philadelphia over the course of their two meetings in 2019.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Washington Football Team betting stats and info:
- The Eagles have won six straight versus Washington.
- Each of the Eagles’ last four road games has gone OVER the total points line.
- Washington was just 1-5 (16.7%) against the spread in NFC East matchups last season and 2-6 (25.0%) versus the spread as a home team.
- At DraftKings, bettors heavily favor the Eagles over the Washington Football Team. They are getting 88% of the handle to cover the -5.5 point spread and 90% of moneyline wagers (-250).
Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants Week 1 Betting Preview
The first Monday Night Football game of 2020 will be the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. the New York Giants. Check back at PlayPennsylvania for a full preview ahead of kickoff.
Week 1 promos at PA sportsbook apps
DraftKings Bet $1, Win $100: When new DraftKings users make their first sportsbook deposit of at least $5, they will be able to wager $1 on any Week One NFL game with 100-to-1 odds.
DraftKings $100 million golden ticket giveaway: Claim a free reward ranging from $5-$25,000 instantly by reserving your entry into DraftKings’ $1 million Survivor Pool. Then opt in to the free Golden Ticket giveaway sweepstakes, where one person is guaranteed to win $1 million in cash (drawing takes place Sept. 13). Compete all season for prizes.
Unibet Bet the Spread Bonus: Bet the point spread on the Los Angeles Rams vs. Dallas Cowboys game and get a $1 bonus for every point your team covers the spread by ($50 min. bet).
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Spread the Love: FanDuel’s popular promo returns for the Sunday Night Football matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and the Los Angeles Rams. Here’s how it works: The spread will increase one point in the Rams’ favor for every 5,000 bets that are placed on the market (Rams with the points). For example, the Cowboys are currently three-point favorites (-3 at -105) and the Rams are +3 (at -115). If 100,000 users bet on the Cowboys, the line will close at Rams (+23 @ -115). And regardless of when you bet on the line, you’ll receive the enhanced line. It’s a win-win and a lot of love.
BetRivers First Deposit Free Bet: When you make your first deposit of $50+ at BetRivers sportsbook, use the code and get a $100 NFL free bet. The free bet is awarded right after deposit and expires seven days after issuance. Offer ends Sept. 13.
NFL Week 1 bet boosts
DraftKings Week 1 NFL bet boosts
- Ravens, Seahawks and 49ers all to win boosted from (+197) to +220
- Tom Brady and Drew Brees to throw over 4.5 combined TD passes boosted from (+180) to +200
- JuJu Smith Schuster to score a touchdown and Steelers to win boosted from (+190) to +240
- Zach Ertz to score a touchdown and Eagles to win boosted from (+165) to +210
FanDuel Week 1 NFL bet boosts
(max bet $50 on each)
- Bills (-4.5), Ravens (-6.5) and Packers (+3.5) boosted from (+363) to +460
- Colts -7.5 vs Jaguars boosted from (-115) to +140
- Ravens, Vikings and Colts all to win boosted from (+171) to +210
- 47+ total points scored in Steelers vs. Giants boosted from (-105) to +115
Fox Bet Philadelphia Eagles bet boosts
- Eagles to beat Washington boosted from (-300) to +200
- Bet $20 to win $70: Carson Wentz 300+ passing yards and two+ passing TDs boosted from (+150) to +250
- Bet boosts for all teams listed on Fox Bet app
NFL Week 1 public betting splits
Week One point spread largest % of handle:
- 89%: Seahawks (-2) vs. Atlanta Falcons
- 88%: Philadelphia Eagles (-5.5) vs. Washington
Week One total points largest % of handle:
- 90%: Arizona Cardinals vs. San Francisco 49ers over 48
- 86%: Pittsburgh Steelers vs. New York Giants under 48
Week One largest percent of handle moneyline:
- 98%: Indianapolis Colts (-400) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars
- 89%: Philadelphia Eagles (-250) vs. Washington