Philadelphia recently dropped its mask mandate. Masks are no longer required at the two Philadelphia casinos – Live! and Rivers. The two casinos join the rest of the state which also allows guests to not wear masks. Also, players at Philadelphia casinos do not need to show proof of vaccination to enter.
The Pennsylvania poker scene is marching on this month with big tournaments on tap. Let’s take a look at some of the live-action.
Live! Philadelphia poker tournaments in March
Live! Casino Philadelphia launches their Liberty Bell Poker Open. The series of events come with $525,000 in guaranteed prize pools. This first of these multi-flight events kicked off with a $200,000 guaranteed event on March 3 at 11:15 a.m. The event has 5 starting flights and Day 2 begins on Sunday, March 6.
Live! Casino $200k guaranteed poker tournament details:
- $600 buy-in
- 30 minute levels
- 30,000 start stack
- Reentry until level 7
Other events in the LBPO include:
- Event 2: $360 buy-in March 7 (multi-day event) – $75,000 guaranteed
- Event 3: $1,100 buy-in March 11 (multi-day event) – $250,000 guaranteed
Live! Philadelphia continues to launch daily tournaments and attract new players to the game with tournaments with wide-ranging buy-ins. Live! offers a daily tournament every day of the week. This includes a $25,000 guaranteed event on Saturday, March 26.
Live Casino Philadelphia weekly poker schedule
- Mondays 11:15 a.m.: $120 NLH Bounty – $4,000 guaranteed
- Tuesday 11:15 a.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks – $3,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays 11:15 a.m.: $140 NLH 2x Green Chip Bounty – $4,000 guaranteed
- Thursdays 11:15 a.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks – $4,000 guaranteed
- Fridays 11:15 a.m.: $140 NLH Quad Stacks – $3,000 guaranteed
- Saturdays 11:15 a.m.: $300 NLH – $15,000 guaranteed
- Sundays 11:15 a.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo
Rivers Philadelphia $500k in March
After a successful Mystery Bounty event in February, Rivers Philadelphia has decided to up the ante. In March Rivers will offer up big tournaments each weekend.
“Tournament players are hungry for action and quality structures, “said Jim Moore, Rivers Casino Philadelphia manager of poker operations. “We have something for every no-limit hold-’em player, and expect full fields because of the demand we see on a nightly basis.”
On Thurs., March 17 , Rivers Philadelphia will tap into the luck of the Irish by offering a $560 buy-in with a $250,000 guaranteed prize pool that starts at 11:15 a.m. This is a multi-day event with day 1B taking place on Fri., March 18, 1C on Sat., March 19, and Day 2 completing on Sun., March 20.
Besides the Mega Rush event on March 17, Rivers Philadelphia will host multiple other tournaments for the month. The events include:
$150 Ladies Event March 12: $5,000 guaranteed
$300 Seniors Event March 13: $25,000 guaranteed
$350 Mini Rush (multi-day event) March 25: $100,000 guaranteed
Rivers daily tournament Rivers Daily Events include:
- Mondays 7:15 p.m.: $130 NLH – $4,000 guarantee (except March 14)
- Tuesdays 1:15 p.m.: $100 NLH – $2,500 guarantee (except March 15)
- Wednesdays 7:15 p.m.: $130 NLH – $5,000 guarantee (except March 16)
Here’s a look at last month’s big mystery bounty winners. Tom H and D. Kim opened some nice surprises when they cashed in the $10,000 mystery envelopes.
Rivers poker Flipamentz event
Flipamentz is a two-stage event where every player is all-in on the first hand. Each table winner makes it into the money round when poker will become more conventional.
“Poker players like to gamble and the Flipamentz starts with all the gamble, zero skill, ” commented Moore. “It’s a fun time before the poker gets serious.”
Flipamentz – $5,000 Guaranteed
- March 20 and 27 at 2:15 p.m. (state 1) and 7:15 p.m. (stage 2)
- $100 entry
- $20k starting stack/20-minute levels
Mohegan Sun Pocono daily poker tournaments
Mohegan Sun Pocono tournament schedule stays mostly the same but is a great spot for players looking to get in on some beginner tournaments. The casino offers smaller daily events for everyone to enjoy without hurting the purse.
The room consists of 9 tables that are 7-handed each. They are open until 3 a.m. daily. Players can find tournament action every day besides Tuesday and Saturdays.
Check out their tournament schedule below:
- Sundays 12 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo
- Mondays 7 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo
- Wednesdays 7 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo
- Fridays 7 p.m.: $100 NLH Turbo – 12 PM & $125 NLH Bounty
Live! Pittsburgh fires off seven day a week daily tournaments
Live! Casino Pittsburgh has expanded their poker tournaments. Pennsylvania’s newest room recently announced weekly daily events in their 7-table poker room. Here’s a quick look at some events for the month of March:
- Sunday 10:15 a.m.: $220 NLH DeepStacks
- Monday 10:15 a.m.: $100 NLH
- Tuesday 10:15 a.m.: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks
- Wednesdays 7:15 p.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks
- Thursdays 10:15 a.m.: $150 NLH
- Fridays 7:15 p.m.: $130 NLH Triple Stacks
- Saturdays 11:15 a.m.: $140 NLH Quad Stacks
Rivers Pittsburgh March tournaments
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh will host another $500 deep stack event on March 11. No other details are available at this time.
The Poker room also offers other promotions such as:
- Rolling Royal Jackpots
- Bad Beats
- High Hands
Here’s a look at all live poker rooms in the Keystone state that are open.
- Parx Casino
- Mohegan Sun Pocono (weekly tournaments)
- Mount Airy Casino Resort
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia (weekly tournaments)
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh
- Hollywood Casino at the Meadows
- Philadelphia Live Casino (weekly tournaments)
- Wind Creek Bethlehem
- Pittsburgh Live Casino (weekly tournaments)
March poker action in Atlantic City Atlantic City poker
The Jersey Shore only offers three poker rooms currently in Atlantic City. The following casinos offer 24/7 cash games:
Borgata had underestimated the return of tournament poker to the Jersey Shore. Once hailed as the premier tournament destination on the East Coast, since Covid, it has been a tournament grinder ghost town.
The announcement of a big event planned for President’s Day Weekend had players lined up for miles, literally. The tournament quickly outgrew the staff that was put in place to handle the event. Players expressed frustration via twitter when they drove for hours, just to find out the event was sold out.
— SilnzMonkee (@SilnzMonkee) February 22, 2022
The Borgata is planning on bouncing back and will host the $100,000 guaranteed event “Spring Rebound” on March 25. The $1,090 buy-in event is hosted by Darren Elias and hopes to put Borgata back on the map. Additional info includes:
- 2-day event
- 40 minute levels
- 30,000 start stack
- Reentry until level 10
Out of the three poker rooms in AC, Borgata is the only legal place in NJ that hosts weekly tournaments. The casino is hosting tournaments on Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays. Daily tournaments change from week to week.
Online poker events also coming for March
March will also be filled with plenty of online poker action in Pennsylvania. Borgata and BetMGM Poker PA will run a March Poker Mania series from March 20-27.