It might have sounded like the 4th of July every night for the past month if your neighbors are amateur pyrotechnicians like mine. However, it’s officially on Saturday.
Yes, holidays look different when you are in a global pandemic and the neighborhood is illuminated with Roman candles. But there is good news for those looking to play their favorite casino games during the long Independence Day weekend.
After months of closure, 11 casinos in Pennsylvania are now open. If you’re headed down the shore (we’re still waiting for an invite from our friends at PlayNJ), almost all casinos are resuming operations this weekend. Even if you decide to stay home, you can play at one of PA’s nine online casinos.
Casinos in Pennsylvania open for the Fourth
Road trips are a part of summer, and PA has plenty of destinations. Eleven of the state’s 12 casinos are now open, with increased health and safety measures per the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Key points to remember are:
- Casinos can reopen at 50% capacity.
- Employees and guests must wear masks.
- There must be markings on the floor to promote social distancing.
- Enhanced cleaning is required throughout the facility.
- Poker rooms are not authorized to operate because of players’ handling of cards and chips. Poker room operations will be re-examined based on changing CDC and PA Department of Health guidance.
Casinos in New Jersey, with an asterisk
After over 107 days dark, Atlantic City reopened just in time for Independence Day weekend.
On Thursday, Hard Rock Casino, Resorts, Tropicana, Golden Nugget and Ocean Casino welcomed back guests.
Caesars, Harrah’s and Bally’s return on Friday.
However, NJ Gov. Phil Murphy decided to push back the planned July 2 return of indoor dining. That’s not all; people visiting casinos in Atlantic City will not be permitted to smoke or drink inside.
The updated regulations prompted the Borgata to remain closed for now.
We respect the Governor’s decision to postpone the reopening of indoor dining in New Jersey to protect the public. Given this decision, our property Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City will remain closed. pic.twitter.com/XTNxyw212R
— BORGATA (@BorgataAC) June 29, 2020
- In accordance with the “Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Facility” guidelines published by the CDC, each casino was cleaned and disinfected.
- Occupancy is limited to 25% capacity.
- Guests and employees are required to wear masks.
- Numerous hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the gaming floors.
Casinos at home offer July 4th specials
Staying home or close to home doesn’t mean you are shut out of the action. PA is only one of four states that offers legal iGaming. Ahead of 4th of July weekend, most of the online casinos are offering special sign-up bonuses and promotions.
BetRivers online casino
New member sign-up bonus: First deposit bonus matched 100%, up to $250.
- Everi Cash Money Mania — Play Everi games for entries into a daily prize drawing.
FanDuel online casino
New member sign-up bonus: 100% back on losses (up to $200 in site credit) during the first 24 hours of play.
- Bet sportsbook, Play casino: Opt in and place $25+ worth of sportsbook wagers between July 3 and 5 and get $10 casino site credit.
- Game of the Week: Get a $5 bonus by playing blackjack.
DraftKings online casino
New member sign-up bonus: Risk-free 24 hours where all casino losses are covered up to $200.
- $250K leaderboard: Join the casino leaderboard and play for a share of $250K DK dollars.
- Beat the streak: Win seven or more hands in a row for a share of $20,000 free credits on blackjack.
Unibet online casino
New member sign-up bonus: $10 free and 100% deposit bonus, up to $500.
- Star-Spangled Special: For every $1 wagered on Red, White & Blue, Cleopatra, White Orchid and Da Vinci Diamonds, players will receive one point toward the 10K turnover leaderboard. Users who play on mobile receive double points. Promo runs until July 8.
- Table game race: Every time a player wagers $1 on any table game, they will receive 1 point on the leaderboard.
- Weekly casino deposit reload: Get a 25% bonus, up to $50, on your first deposit on Thursdays.