The days may be getting colder but the poker tournaments are warming up in Pennsylvania. At various casinos throughout the state, you’ll find tournaments offering substantial prize guarantees. Philadelphia has big events happening, while Pittsburgh continues to hold the nation’s largest Bad Beat Jackpot.
Every month, PlayPennsylvania provides an overview of poker tournaments and cash game promotions in Pennsylvania. November appears to be a standout month for poker players, with major upcoming events in the forecast. Be sure to also keep an eye out for a variety of Pennsylvania online poker action on tap this month, as well.
Live! Casino Philadelphia providing $1.3 million in guarantees in November
Throughout the entire month of November, Live! Casino Philadelphia is offering nonstop poker excitement. The highlight of the month is the $600 Live! Cup event, scheduled for Nov. 15-19, with a guaranteed prize pool of $1 million.
Additionally, a $360 buy-in tournament with a $150,000 guarantee will run from Nov. 1-5, both of which are multi-day events. Players who advance from their initial day will rejoin on Sunday to determine the ultimate winner. Alongside these standout tournaments, the poker room will also feature daily events for players to enjoy:
- Mondays: $140 NLH Bounty Quad Stacks – 6:15 p.m. – $3,000 guaranteed
- Tuesdays: $160 NLH Bounty – 6:15 p.m. – $6,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks Bounty – 6:15 p.m. – $6,000 guaranteed
- Thursdays: $130 NLH – 11:15 a.m. – $5,000 guaranteed
- Fridays and Saturdays: Varying tournaments each week
- Sundays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m.
*Daily tournaments may vary with upcoming special events, so check with the poker room before entering.
In October, Felipe Vercosa of Brooklyn, NY, brought home the bacon in the $500 MegaStack series. He outlasted a field of 670 players to cash in for $43,518.
TOP PA ONLINE POKER SITES:
Rivers Casino Philadelphia offers Ultra Rush poker
After last month’s announcement of a new manager, it looks like major events are coming back. Rivers Casino Philadelphia is gearing up to offer a lineup of daily poker tournaments, along with the Ultra Rush.
From Nov. 22-26, players can celebrate Thanksgiving weekend with a $200,000 guaranteed prize pool. The $1,200 buy-in will have three starting flights and combine forces on Nov. 26.
Here’s a preview of the daily tournaments it has in store for the month:
- Mondays: $70 NLH Beginner – 6:15 p.m. – $4,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays: $140 NLH Deepstack – 6:15 p.m. – $5,000 guaranteed
- Fridays: $140 NLH Deepstack – 6:15 p.m. – $4,000 guaranteed
- Saturdays: $70 NLH – 10:15 a.m. – Beginners tournament
- Sundays: $160 NLH – 11:15 a.m. – $5,000 guaranteed
Parx Casino includes two tournament poker events weekly
As November unfolds, the Parx Casino tournament scene remains consistent, with the focus on the tournament poker double dose.
Parx’s poker room is gradually reintroducing tournament play, and the response has been steady since the recent announcement. Each week, it is hosting a pair of tournaments, each drawing an average of around 100 players. While there hasn’t been any news of expanding to larger tournaments at this time, the current schedule is as follows:
Parx tournament schedule for November:
- Every Monday at 7:15 p.m. – $200 buy-in Double Green Chip Bounty NL Hold’em
- Every Friday at 11:15 a.m. – $340 buy-in NL Hold’em with re-entries
Rivers Casino Pittsburgh supplies Hammer tournament and largest Bad Beat Jackpot
In the bustling month of November, Rivers Casino Pittsburgh is your destination for continuous poker action. A new standout event has been planned for the casino with the $260 Pittsburgh Hammer tournament, which is scheduled for Nov. 14-19.
It also offers players to buy directly into day 2 for a bigger cost. Here’s all the essential details about the upcoming Pittsburgh Hammer:
Day 1 flights
- Buy in: $260
- Two flights daily: 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Flights A & B: Nov. 14
- Flights C & D: Nov. 15
- Flights E & F: Nov. 17
- Flights G & H: Nov. 18
- Nov. 19 – 12:15 p.m.
- Optional direct buy-in to day 2: $1,100
Rivers Pittsburgh is closing in on its own record with the current Bad Beat Jackpot. As of Nov. 1, the jackpot has reached $854,802, edging ever closer to the impressive $1.1 million milestone it previously established.
Rivers Pittsburgh will also host daily one-day tournaments in November:
- $125 NLH Tournament – 12 p.m. – Nov. 3, 10, 24
- $160 NLH 2x Green Chip Bounty – 4 p.m. – every Wednesday in November
- $260 NLH Deepstack Tournament – 11 a.m. – Saturday, Nov. 4
- $500 NLH Deepstack Tournament – 11 a.m. – Saturday, Nov. 11
- $340 NLH Deepstack Tournament – 11 a.m. – Saturday, Nov. 25
Live! Casino Pittsburgh hosts qualifiers for Live! Cup
The Live! Casino Pittsburgh Poker Room will partner with Philadelphia for the Live! Cup event. Players in Pittsburgh will be able to play day 1 of the $600 buy-in on Nov. 11 or 12.
Those who advance will make Day 2, to be played at Live! Casino Philadelphia on Nov. 19. Players will also be rewarded with a complimentary room and will be guaranteed $1,300 for surviving day 1. If $600 is a little steep, Pittsburgh will hold $80 satellites into the $600 event each week during the beginning of the month.
The poker room will also run daily events throughout the week:
- Mondays: no regular daily event
- Tuesdays: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks – 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesdays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 6:15 p.m.
- Thursdays: $150 PLO – 6:15 p.m.
- Fridays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: $160 NLH Green Chip Bounty – 11:15 a.m.
- Sundays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 2:15 p.m
In October’s Black Chip Bounty event, an eight-way chop was made. Two players won $3,000, and third through eighth scored $1,700. The event saw 38 players in action.
Sizable November Bad Beat Jackpots available throughout Pennsylvania
While Rivers Pittsburgh may boast the largest, other casinos are expanding their Bad Beat Jackpots, as well. Explore the most recent Bad Beat updates from live poker rooms across the Commonwealth, as of Nov. 1, 2023:
- Parx Casino – current jackpot: $155,624
- Mohegan Pennsylvania – current jackpot: $316,926
- Mount Airy Casino Resort – current jackpot: $16,007
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia – $50,000 set Bad Beat
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh – current jackpot: $854,802
- Hollywood Meadows Racetrack and Casino – current jackpot: $46,061
- Wind Creek Bethlehem – current jackpot: $82,172
Borgata Poker Fall Mini Series moved to November
The Borgata’s Fall Mini Series has been rescheduled to November due to the BetMGM hacking incident.
Initially planned for October, Borgata had an exciting poker series in store until a hacking group disrupted MGM Resorts’ regular operations. The rescheduled mini-series is now set to run from Nov. 14 to 19 at Borgata Atlantic City.
In addition to the live events, there will be online poker satellite qualifiers for players aiming to secure spots in the larger tournaments. The guaranteed prize pools for these events remain at an impressive $1 million.