NFL Week 1 was rough for some bettors who decided not to fade the public.
At DraftKings, the largest percentage of moneyline bets went to the favorites (and eventual losers) the Indianapolis Colts (98%) and the Philadelphia Eagles (89%).
For Pennsylvania-based NFL teams, it was literally a tale of two cities. Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger started his Comeback Player of the Year campaign strong. The Steelers (-5.5) handled the New York Giants 26-16, with Roethlisberger tossing three touchdowns.
The Eagles jumped out to a 17-0 lead in Washington but saw it all slip away in the second half. The Washington Football Team (+5.5) sacked Carson Wentz eight times and rallied for a 27-17 victory.
Week Two action brings a full slate of NFL games and more ways than ever to bet on the NFL in Pennsylvania. The Barstool Sportsbook app had its three-day test period this week and is available 24/7 for anyone 21+ physically located in PA.
Week 2 NFL betting lines at PA sportsbooks
Here is a look at the current betting lines at DraftKings, FanDuel and BetRivers (select PA in the drop-down menu).
[odds-feed sport=nfl default_region=pa sportsbooks=DraftKings,FanDuel,RiversCasinoPA odds=pointspread limit=25 controls=false]
Chiefs and Buccaneers biggest Week 2 favorites
Despite a Week One loss, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the biggest favorites (-9) in Week Two when they host the Carolina Panthers. Quarterbacks Tom Brady and Teddy Bridgewater are looking for their first wins with their new teams.
Coming off an impressive 34-20 win against the Houston Texans, the Kansas City Chiefs (-8.5) are big road favorites against the San Diego Chargers. The defending Super Bowl champ Chiefs have won 10 straight (which includes two victories against the Chargers).
The Atlanta Falcons and the Dallas Cowboys, with their talented receivers, boast the matchup of the highest over/under (54).
Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles Week 2 Betting Preview
The Eagles hope to have some reinforcements for their Week Two showdown versus the Los Angeles Rams. The Eagles say Derek Barnett, Lane Johnson and Miles Sanders are on track to make their season debuts on Sunday. Defensive end Brandon Graham (concussion) and defensive tackle Javon Hargrave (hamstring, pectoral) were both limited on Thursday at practice, and wide receiver Alshon Jeffrey (foot) did not participate.
The Rams beat the Dallas Cowboys 20-17 to open the season. Early Week Two lines, however, had the Eagles as 4-point favorites. Since then, the line has fluctuated a bit.
Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles betting stats and info:
- Each of the Eagles’ last seven games at Lincoln Financial Field have gone UNDER the total points line.
- Three of the Rams’ last five games have gone OVER the total points line.
- The Eagles have won six straight versus Los Angeles dating back to 2005.
- In Week One, Rams running back Malcom Brown rushed 18 times for 79 yards and two touchdowns.
- At DraftKings, 82% of bettors favor the Rams at +1. The Rams (-107) are getting 68% of the moneyline handle. The majority of the handle (66%) for the over/under is going to the UNDER (45.5).
Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Week 2 Betting Preview
Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger returned in a big way. He threw for 229 yards and three touchdowns to lead the Steelers to a 26-16 win over the New York Giants on Monday Night Football. Wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster benefitted from Big Ben’s return, hauling in two TDs. They take on the Broncos on Sunday.
After missing three attempts, Stephen Gostkowski‘s field goal with 17 seconds left gave the Tennessee Titans a 16-14 win over the Denver Broncos. The Steelers defense intercepted Daniel Jones twice and will look to rattle another second-year QB, Drew Lock.
The Steelers are favored by a touchdown at most PA online sportsbooks.
Public betting splits at DraftKings. The Pittsburgh Steelers have:
- 71% of the point spread handle (-7).
- 62% of the moneyline handle (-335).
- A mixed bag when it comes to the over/under of 40.5: 62% of the bets placed are on the OVER. But 56% of the total handle is on the UNDER.
Denver Broncos vs. Pittsburgh Steelers betting stats and info
- Eight of the Steelers’ last nine games have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Broncos have covered the spread in five of their last six games following a loss.
- The spread opened with the Steelers as 5.5-point favorites, hit 7.5 and is now 7.
Week 2 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- NFL Profit Boost: Opt in and you’ll get a single-use profit boost to use on every NFL game for Week Two. A 25% profit boost will apply to the winnings (max bet $50).
- Sunday Happy Hour Boost: Get a 30% profit boost on every NFL late afternoon game.
- Pigskin Parlay: Get an instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
- Football Double-Up: Place a pregame moneyline wager and get double winnings if your team scores 35 or more points (max bet $50).
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost Every Week: Log in to BetRivers sportsbook app every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
NFL Week 2 bet boosts
DraftKings Week 2 Eagles and Steelers NFL bet boosts
- Ben Roethlisberger to record three or more passing touchdowns boosted from (+233) to +265
- Dallas Goedert to score a touchdown and over 50.5 receiving yards boosted from (+575) to +635
FanDuel Week 2 NFL bet boosts
(Max bet $50)
- Texans +8.5, Eagles -0.5 and Chiefs -7.5 boosted from (+488) to +630
- Chiefs to cover (-8.5) boosted from (-110) to +150
Fox Bet Philadelphia Eagles and Pittsburgh Steelers bet boosts
- Eagles to score boosted to +100 (max bet $50)
- Wentz and Goff 300+ passing yards each boosted from +450 to +700
- Roethlisberger 3+ passing TDs and 270+ passing yards boosted from +250 to +400
NFL Week 2 public betting splits
Week 2 point spread largest % of handle:
- 96%: Kansas City Chiefs (-8.5) vs. LA Chargers
- 95%: Buffalo Bills (-5.5) vs. Miami Dolphins
- 95%: San Francisco 49ers (-6.5) vs. New York Jets
Week 2 total points largest % of handle:
- 86%: Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts over 48.5
- 85%: Atlanta Falcons vs. Dallas Cowboys over 53.5
Week 2 largest percent of handle moneyline:
- 95%: Kansas City Chiefs (-375) vs. LA Chargers
- 95%: San Francisco 49ers (-295) vs. New York Jets
A look inside the sportsbooks for NFL Week 2
Thursday night’s Cincinnati Bengals vs. Cleveland Browns game resulted in three boosts at FanDuel that paid out nearly $2 million. The boosts were for over 47 points, Nick Chubb to score the first TD and a combo of Joe Burrow over 239 passing yards, Bengals +6.5 and over 44 total points.
For Sunday’s games at FanDuel, popular plays include:
- 96% of bets and 98% of money for the Chiefs (-8.5) on the spread
- 94% of bets and 95% of money for the 49ers (-7) on the spread
- 93% of bets and 92% of money on the over (49.5) for Packers vs. Lions
BetRivers bettors in PA placed early action against the Eagles. The Rams’ moneyline is being backed by 71% of the game handle and 79% of total bets.
However, PA-home team backers like the Steelers at BetRivers. They are backed by 87% of the ML bets and 79% of spread bets to beat the Broncos.