MLB Opening Day is finally here. Instead of dwelling on coronavirus-caused delays and labor issues, let’s look ahead.
Thursday July 23:
(Moneyline via FanDuel)
- New York Yankees (-130) at Washington Nationals (+114): The defending World Series champions take on the Yankees who haven’t won a title since 2009.
- Giants (+260) at Dodgers (-310): Clayton Kershaw on the hill for the Dodgers who lost in the NLCS last year to the Nationals.
Friday, July 24:
(Moneyline via DraftKings)
- Miami Marlins (+175) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-205): The Joe Girardi era finally starts in Philadelphia. Aaron Nola takes the mound for the third straight opening day.
- Pittsburgh Pirates (+165) at St. Louis Cardinals (-195): The Pirates have a tough task to open the season. They face the defending NL central champs Cardinals and their ace Jack Flaherty whose era was 0.91 after the All-Star break last year.
PA online sportsbooks have a full line-up of promos and bet boosts to lead off the 2020 MLB season. Here’s a look at some of them.
FanDuel Opening Day promos
Check your FanDual account ASAP. They dropped an extra $10 site credit in the wallet of every customer with a DFS and/or online sports account. We all have our way of celebrating major sports return – playing hooky, promising not to angry tweet about sports for at least a week…FanDuel is giving away $80 million in site credits.
“We are excited for the return of sports and wanted to give all of our customers a chance to get in on the action for free,” said Mike Raffensperger, CMO of FanDuel Group. “Putting more than $80 million in site credits into our customers’ accounts to enter DFS contests or to make legal sports bets is a thank you to our customers for their loyalty during this long stretch without the NBA, NHL and MLB.”
How to get the $10 free site credit
- If you are an existing FD customer, just check your balance. It should be automatically applied. Also, you probably got an email about it.
- The $10 cash-drop has a 1x play-through on all accounts before withdrawal.
FanDuel upped the ante by adding another promo less than a day after the $10 free site credit. With Risk Free For All, FanDuel will refund up to $100 for net losses.
How FanDuel’s Risk Free For All works:
- Place a bet between July 22-August 2. Once you place a bet, your day of risk-free betting starts.
- Up to $100 will be refunded for net losses during this timeframe
- All bets must be placed and settled by 3 a.m. ET the following day to be eligible.
- Lost wagers will be refunded within 24-48 hours of being settled
- One bonus per person, no opt-in required
FanDuel Seventh Inning Stretch Insurance
Place a pre-game moneyline wager and if your selected team is winning during the 7th inning stretch but loses the game, you’ll get a refund in site credit.
How to get FanDuel’s Seventh Inning Stretch Insurance:
- Opt-in and place a pre-game moneyline wager on any MLB game between July 23rd – August 9th
- Get a refund if your team is winning in the 7th inning but loses the game
- One eligible wager per person, per game
- Odds boosts, cash-out and live bets ineligible
- Max $50 refund in site credit.
FanDuel MLB World Series Win Bonus
Place $50 or more in futures wagers on any team to win the 2020 MLB World Series and earn a $5 bonus in site credit for each game they win in their first ten games.
How to get FanDuel’s World Series Bonus:
- Opt-in and place a wager of $50 or more on 2020 MLB World Series outright winner
- Get $5 for every game they win out of their first ten games
- Max $50 bonus
- 1 eligible wager per person
- In the event of multiple wagers, the first wager placed will be deemed the eligible wager
- Cash-out, live bets and odds boost ineligible
FanDuel MLB odds boosts for July 23
- Philadelphia Phillies to make the playoffs boosted from (+220) to +320
- Yankees to win and 9+ total runs scored vs. Nationals boosted from (+230) to +270
- Aaron Judge or Gary Sanchez to hit the first home run of the 2020 MLB season boosted from (+310) to +400
- Pete Alonso to hit the first Mets HR of the 2020 season boosted from (+250) to +350
DraftKings Promos Center on Homers
Home runs won’t be lofted into the waiting hands of fans in the outfield. But it doesn’t mean you are left out of the long-ball action. DraftKings has a few home run-centric bet promos.
MLB Opening Weekend HR Bonus
- Opt-in and place a wager of $25 or more pre-game paid single moneyline bet on either team for any of the eligible games.
- You’ll be eligible to receive a free bet equal to $5 times the number of home runs your selected team hits during the game.
- One qualifying bet per user per game. Excludes live bets, parlays, cash-out bets, free bets, voided bets and odds boosts.
- Free Bet issued by 11:59 PM ET on next business day
- Eligible Games: Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies (7/24 at 7:05 PM ET) , Pittsburgh Pirates vs St Louis Cardinals (7/24 at 8:15 PM ET) , Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies (7/25 at 4:05 PM ET), Pittsburgh Pirates vs St Louis Cardinals (7/25 at 2:15 PM ET) , Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies (7/26 at 1:05 PM ET), Pittsburgh Pirates vs St Louis Cardinals (7/26 at 2:15 PM ET)
2019 All Star HR Boost
Bet on any 2019 All-Star to hit a home run on July 23 and July 24, and get odds boosted to +100.
- Opt-in you’ll be issued one single-use odds boost for “Any 2019 All-Star” to hit a home run on MLB Opening Days.
- You must select the boost in your betslip before placing the bet
- Max bet $25
- One qualifying bet per user
- Boost expires at 7 p.m. ET on July 23
- Excludes live bets, parlays, free bets, cash-out bets, voided bets, and odds boosts
DraftKings MLB odds boosts (7/23)
- Yankees and Dodgers both to win boosted from (+129) to +150
- Any player to hit a grand slam on Opening Day boosted from (+850) to +925
- Dodgers to win & over 7.5 total runs boosted from (+110) to +160
- Over .5 runs in 1st inning of Yankees/Nationals boosted from (+115) to +135
Fox Bet MLB promos
MLB All Customer Exclusive
- Bet $5 or more on a selected MLB Team Opening Game (point spread or moneyline).
- Get $5 in free bets for each run your team scores (Max $50)
- Promo runs from July 17-23
- Free bet expires after seven days
Fox Bet MLB bet boosts
- Aaron Nola to win NL CY Young Award boosted from (+2,200) to +2,800
- Jean Segura to record the most hits in the regular season boosted from (+2200) to +2500
- Bryce Harper & Rhys Hoskins both to score a run in Phillies opening game +300
- Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series boosted from (+2,200) to +2500
- Nolan Arenado to win National League MVP boosted from (+1,600 ) to +2000
- Washington Nationals to win the National League boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Mike Trout to record the most runs in the regular season boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Max Scherzer to record the most strikeouts in the regular season boosted from (+550 ) to +700
Other PA online sportsbooks MLB promos
Unibet online sportsbook Big hitters club
Bet a minimum of $10 for the full-game moneyline pre-match of the Yankees vs. Nationals (July 23). If your selected team wins, you’ll get a $1 bonus for each run scored via a home run.
BetRivers House Specials
- Any player to hit a grand slam on Opening Night/Day: (yes) -130
- World Series matchup to be Braves vs. Yankees: (yes) +1825
Enjoy the promos, PA baseball fans. And most of all, enjoy the long-awaited Opening Day. Play ball!