MLB opening day is finally here. Instead of dwelling on coronavirus-caused delays and labor issues, let’s look ahead.
Thursday, July 23:
(Moneyline via FanDuel)
- New York Yankees (-130) at Washington Nationals (+114): The defending World Series champions take on the Yankees, who haven’t won a title since 2009.
- Giants (+260) at Dodgers (-310): Clayton Kershaw on the hill for the Dodgers, who lost in the NLCS last year to the Nationals.
Friday, July 24:
(Moneyline via DraftKings)
- Miami Marlins (+175) vs. Philadelphia Phillies (-205): The Joe Girardi era finally starts in Philadelphia. Aaron Nola takes the mound for the third straight opening day.
- Pittsburgh Pirates (+165) at St. Louis Cardinals (-195): The Pirates have a tough task to open the season. They face the defending NL Central champs Cardinals and their ace Jack Flaherty, whose era was 0.91 after the All-Star break last year.
PA online sportsbooks have a full lineup of promos and bet boosts to lead off the 2020 MLB season. Here’s a look at some of them.
FanDuel Opening Day promos
Check your FanDuel account ASAP. The site dropped an extra $10 site credit into the wallet of every customer with a DFS and/or online sports account. We all have our way of celebrating major sports’ return — playing hooky; promising not to angry tweet about sports for at least a week — and FanDuel’s is giving away $80 million in site credits.
“We are excited for the return of sports and wanted to give all of our customers a chance to get in on the action for free,” said Mike Raffensperger, CMO of FanDuel Group. “Putting more than $80 million in site credits into our customers’ accounts to enter DFS contests or to make legal sports bets is a thank-you to our customers for their loyalty during this long stretch without the NBA, NHL and MLB.”
How to get the $10 free site credit
- If you are an existing FD customer, just check your balance. It should be automatically applied. Also, you probably got an email about it.
- The $10 cash drop has a 1x play-through on all accounts before withdrawal.
FanDuel upped the ante by adding another promo less than a day after the $10 free site credit. With Risk Free For All, FanDuel will refund up to $100 for net losses.
How FanDuel’s Risk Free For All works:
- Place a bet between July 22 and Aug. 2. Once you do, your day of risk-free betting starts.
- Up to $100 will be refunded for net losses during this time frame.
- All bets must be placed and settled by 3 a.m. EST the following day to be eligible.
- Lost wagers will be refunded within 24-48 hours of being settled.
- One bonus per person, no opt-in required.
FanDuel Seventh Inning Stretch Insurance
Place a pregame moneyline wager, and if your selected team is winning during the seventh inning stretch but loses the game, you’ll get a refund in site credit.
How to get FanDuel’s Seventh Inning Stretch Insurance:
- Opt in and place a pregame moneyline wager on any MLB game between July 23 and Aug. 9.
- Get a refund if your team is winning in the 7th inning but loses the game.
- One eligible wager per person per game.
- Odds boosts, cash-out and live bets ineligible.
- Max $50 refund in site credit.
FanDuel MLB World Series Win Bonus
Place $50 or more in futures wagers on any team to win the 2020 MLB World Series and earn a $5 bonus in site credit for each game they win in their first 10 games.
How to get FanDuel’s World Series Bonus:
- Opt in and place a wager of $50 or more on the 2020 MLB World Series outright winner.
- Get $5 for every game they win out of their first 10 games.
- There’s a max $50 bonus.
- One eligible wager per person.
- In the event of multiple wagers, the first wager placed will be deemed the eligible wager.
- Cash-out, live bets and odds boosts are ineligible.
FanDuel MLB odds boosts for July 23
- Philadelphia Phillies to make the playoffs boosted from (+220) to +320
- Yankees to win and 9+ total runs scored vs. Nationals boosted from (+230) to +270
- Aaron Judge or Gary Sanchez to hit the first home run of the 2020 MLB season boosted from (+310) to +400
- Pete Alonso to hit the first Mets HR of the 2020 season boosted from (+250) to +350
DraftKings Promos Center on Homers
Home runs won’t be lofted into the waiting hands of fans in the outfield. But that doesn’t mean you’ll be left out of the long-ball action. DraftKings has a few home-run-centric bet promos.
MLB Opening Weekend HR Bonus
- Opt in and place a wager of $25 or more as a pregame paid single moneyline bet on either team for any of the eligible games.
- You’ll be eligible to receive a free bet equal to $5 times the number of home runs your selected team hits during the game.
- One qualifying bet per user per game. Excludes live bets, parlays, cash-out bets, free bets, voided bets and odds boosts.
- Free bet issued by 11:59 p.m. EST on next business day.
- Eligible games: Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies (July 24 at 7:05 p.m. EST), Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals (July 24 at 8:15 p.m. EST), Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies (July 25 at 4:05 p.m. EST), Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals (July 25 at 2:15 p.m. EST), Miami Marlins vs Philadelphia Phillies (July 26 at 1:05 p.m. EST), Pittsburgh Pirates vs St. Louis Cardinals (July 26 at 2:15 p.m. EST).
2019 All-Star HR Boost
Bet on any 2019 All-Star to hit a home run on July 23 and July 24, and get odds boosted to +100.
- Opt in and you’ll be issued one single-use odds boost for any 2019 All-Star to hit a home run on MLB opening day.
- You must select the boost in your bet slip before placing the bet.
- Max bet $25.
- One qualifying bet per user.
- Boost expires at 7 p.m. EST on July 23.
- Excludes live bets, parlays, free bets, cash-out bets, voided bets and odds boosts.
DraftKings MLB odds boosts (July 23)
- Yankees and Dodgers both to win boosted from (+129) to +150
- Any player to hit a grand slam on opening day boosted from (+850) to +925
- Dodgers to win and over 7.5 total runs boosted from (+110) to +160
- Over .5 runs in first inning of Yankees/Nationals boosted from (+115) to +135
Fox Bet MLB promos
MLB All Customer Exclusive
- Bet $5 or more on a selected MLB Team Opening Game (point spread or moneyline).
- Get $5 in free bets for each run your team scores (max $50).
- Promo runs from July 17-23.
- Free bet expires after seven days.
Fox Bet MLB bet boosts
- Aaron Nola to win NL CY Young Award boosted from (+2,200) to +2,800
- Jean Segura to record the most hits in the regular season boosted from (+2200) to +2500
- Bryce Harper and Rhys Hoskins both to score a run in Phillies opening game +300
- Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series boosted from (+2,200) to +2500
- Nolan Arenado to win National League MVP boosted from (+1,600 ) to +2000
- Washington Nationals to win the National League boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Mike Trout to record the most runs in the regular season boosted from (+800) to +1000
- Max Scherzer to record the most strikeouts in the regular season boosted from (+550 ) to +700
Other PA online sportsbooks MLB promos
Unibet online sportsbook Big Hitters Club
Bet a minimum of $10 for the full-game moneyline prematch of the Yankees vs. Nationals (July 23). If your selected team wins, you’ll get a $1 bonus for each run scored via a home run.
BetRivers House Specials
- Any player to hit a grand slam on opening night/day: (yes) -130
- World Series matchup to be Braves vs. Yankees: (yes) +1825
Enjoy the promos, PA baseball fans. And most of all, enjoy the long-awaited opening day. Play ball!