Rivers Casino in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are hiring people to play games for a living. The two locations are looking for table games dealers, positions that come with a wealth of benefits.
Rivers Casino Philadelphia, in particular, has been known as one of the top places to work in the area.
Here are some more details about the culture of Rivers’ Pennsylvania casino locations and what they’re looking for in their new employees.
Details of Rivers Casino job openings
Rivers Casino released a press release stating that it is looking for table games dealers for both locations.
Starting employees would earn a base pay with tips that could lead to a $30-an-hour salary.
According to Tim Drehkoff, CEO of Rivers Casino and Rush Street Gaming, more experienced dealers exceed that pay.
“When it comes to dealers’ pay, Rivers Casino brings more to the table,” Drehkoff said in the statement. “We also provide a great environment. Rivers Casino in both Pittsburgh and Philly have repeatedly been voted ‘Best Place to Work’ and ‘Top Workplace’ by our Team Members.”
Rivers Casino is also providing the following benefits:
- Immediate 401(k) vesting
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free team member parking
No prior experience is needed and Rivers will cover the entire cost of the dealer training course, plus compensate trainees for classroom time. Potential employees can also learn multiple games such as baccarat, roulette and craps to accelerate their base pay.
Rivers repeatedly named ‘Top Workplace’
Both Rivers Casino locations have been named Top Workplaces for several years. Top Workplaces is a company that awards different sized companies as top places to work based on employee engagement. Top Workplaces also provides services on the following:
- Improving employee engagement
- Attracting and retaining talent
- Improving employee survey insights
- Impacting business performance
Rivers Casino, combining both locations, has won Top Workplaces 29 times since 2012 in the “Large Company” category. Rivers Philadelphia won the award again in 2023.
From a press release in 2021, the award is meaningful to Rivers because the award is earned:
“Solely based on anonymous Team Member feedback. Participants are asked to answer various questions across different categories such as leadership, work environment and overall job satisfaction.”
Rivers Casino PA offers competitive benefits
Benefits at Rivers are standard and competitive compared to other casino’s offerings.
In addition to the above section, Rivers Casino offers these benefits broken into three groups:
- Immediate vesting on 401K; up to 4% match on team member contributions
- Affordable medical insurance including medical, dental and vision, short term disability, life
- Insurance, critical illness, accident insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts
- Vacation – up to 16 days paid time off in the first year
Opportunities for advancement
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 per year after your first year of employment
- On the job training opportunities
- Job transfer and promotion opportunities
- Table Games Dealer School
Team member appreciation
- Competitive pay with market increases
- Paid lunch break
- Free and discounted food in team member dining room
- Champions award program and performance rewards
- Free parking on team member-only level of covered garage
- Discounts on Port Authority Connect Cards
- Discounts on tickets to local attractions
- Uniforms provided and maintained
Live! Casino Philadelphia and Pittsburgh offer similar benefits packages on their website. Parx Casino has some benefits listed on its website for its Bensalem and Shippensburg locations. Hollywood Casino also has benefits listed on its site.
Other Pennsylvania casinos such as Mount Airy and Wind Creek do not provide employee benefits on their websites to compare.
Rivers Casino employee complaints about smoking
Glassdoor is good to use when scouring a company for information and resources.
Recently, Rivers Philadelphia decided to bring back indoor smoking as the “final step in our process to return the property to pre-COVID operations,” General Manager Justin Moore previously told PlayPennsylvania.
When researching employee reviews on Glassdoor, a few commented on the smoking environment as a negative to working at Rivers Philadelphia.
Parx Casino in Bensalem and Shippensburg are the only two establishments that are smoke-free indoors.
At Rivers Casino, guests are able to smoke on the gaming floor, but not at table games.