Pennsylvania poker players have a new poker room to check out this month. The state also will host some nice sized tournaments and prize pools for players to dive into in January. The Keystone State also has online action for poker players to enjoy, as well.
Each month, PlayPennsylvania takes a look at all the poker action going on across the state.
Wind Creek Casino Bethlehem opens new poker room
Wind Creek Bethlehem has just announced that it has opened a new and improved poker room with 20 tables. The poker room also includes a dedicated cage cashier, tableside massage service, an upgraded lounge for those waiting to play and complimentary beverage service. According to its site, the new room is located in the corner of the casino floor — across from the Table Games Salon and near Stadium Gaming.
This new addition to the casino is part of Wind Creek’s ongoing efforts to improve the customer experience since acquiring the casino in 2019. Other recent changes at the casino include rebranding of two signature restaurants and a $160 million ballroom and conference space project, which is expected to open in the near future.
Currently there are no tournaments in play, but the new poker room is offering $250 high hands every half hour on Sundays from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. On most weekdays, $300 high hands will happen every half hour. Time ranges will differ per day.
Rivers Philadelphia $200,000 Mystery Rush is back
Rivers Philadelphia is hosting a Mystery Rush event this month. For players new to the format, Mystery Bounties are awarded as players are knocked out in day two. These prizes can be worth some serious cash. The top mystery bonus is worth $25,000.
The Philadelphia poker room announced that the $200,000 guaranteed multi-day event will take place Jan. 11-15. The $560 buy-in tournament starts Wednesday, Jan. 11 and includes multiple starting day flights. All players that clear day one will return to fight it out on the final day, Jan. 15.
Daily casino poker tournaments will also take place in the month of January:
- Mondays: $130 NLH Double Green Chip Bounty – 7:15 p.m. – $4,000 guarantee
- Tuesdays: $130 NLH – 6:15 p.m. – $6,000 guarantee
- Wednesdays: $50 NLH – 10:15 a.m. – no guarantee ($50+ to buy-in)
- Saturdays: $160 NLH – 1:15 p.m. – $5,000 guarantee (except Jan. 14)
- Sundays: $230 NLH – 11:15 a.m. – $10,000 guarantee (except Jan. 15)
Live! Casino Philadelphia guarantees over $450,000 in January
The 29 table Live! Casino Philadelphia Poker Room is rolling in hot with two $150,000 guaranteed tournaments this month. The first event will drop on Thursday, Jan. 12. Players will have multiple chances to enter over a three-day period.
There are five starting flights to pick from at Live!. Day two will combine all fields and restart on Sunday, Jan. 15.
The tournament is a $150,000 guaranteed tournament. Additional details include:
- $360 buy-in
- 30 minute levels
- 30,000 start stack
- Reentry until level nine
If that wasn’t enough, another $150,000 tournament will take place Jan. 26-29. This will be a $500 megastack and will surely drive in some action.
In December, it was Joseph Cutler who scored the massive victory. He won $49,190 for his accomplishment. He defeated 945 entries to grab the title.
The poker room will host a daily tournament each day. Some of the weekly events include:
- Mondays: $120 NLH Fat Stacks – 11:15 a.m. – $4,000 guaranteed
- Tuesdays: $120 NLH Fat Stacks – 6:15 p.m. – $4,000 guaranteed
- Wednesdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks – 11:15 a.m. – $3,000 guaranteed
- Thursdays: $140 NLH Quadstacks 11:15 a.m. – $3,000 guaranteed (Jan. 19 only)
- Fridays: $250 NLH Bounty – 11:15 a.m. – $8,000 guaranteed (Jan. 20 only)
- Saturdays: varying tournaments each week
- Sundays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m. (except Jan. 29)
Rivers Pittsburgh Double Deepstack events
Rivers Pittsburgh will play home to two deepstacks this month. First, a $500 deepstack tournament will drop on Saturday, Jan. 14, at 11 a.m. Two weeks later on Saturday, Jan. 28, a $340 deepstack tournament will be hosted in the poker room, as well. Seating is limited and registration is open one week prior to the events.
The poker room also offers other promotions, such as:
- Rolling Royal Jackpots
- Bad Beat Jackpots ($299,857 as of Jan. 6)
- High Hands ($105,000 to be given away in January)
Live! Casino Pittsburgh offers daily poker
Live! Pittsburgh doesn’t feature any tournaments this month, but they will offer multiple daily events each week.
Here’s a glance at the monthly schedule:
- Mondays: no regular daily event
- Tuesdays: $120 NLH Bounty Fat Stacks – 11:15 a.m.
- Wednesdays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 6:15 p.m.
- Fridays: $130 NLH Triple Stacks Turbo – 6:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: $160 NLH Green Chip Bounty – 11:15 a.m.
- Sundays: $80 NLH Bankroll Builder – 2:15 p.m.
Pennsylvania Poker Bad Beat Jackpots update
Bad Beat Jackpots are highlighted promotions players go after. Here’s a look at all the live poker rooms’ current bad beats in the state of Pennsylvania as of Jan. 6:
- Parx Casino: No daily tournaments update, current bad beat jackpot: $153,659
- Mohegan Pennsylvania: Weekly daily tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $121,107
- Mount Airy Casino Resort: No tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $76,508
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia: $50,000 set Bad Beat / weekly tournaments
- Rivers Casino Pittsburgh: Monthly tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $301,542
- Hollywood Meadows Racetrack and Casino: No tournaments, $39,963 Progressive Bad Beat
- Wind Creek Bethlehem: No weekly tournaments, current bad beat jackpot: $112,777
Pennsylvania Poker January online series
WSOP, PokerStars and BetMGM all will offer an online tournament series in January.
Players located in Pennsylvania can get in the WSOP PA online circuit series that runs Jan. 6-15.
The series Main Event will take place on Jan. 15. The buy-in will be $525 and comes with a $50,000 guarantee. The entire schedule can be found below:
BetMGM Poker PA
Pennsylvania players can scoop up to $600,000 in January. Currently, BetMGM Poker PA shares a player pool with Borgata in-state. Some events will send trophies to the winners as an added bonus. BetMGM states:
“All Trophy events will feature Early Bird Registration – meaning players registered at the start of the event will receive 100% rake back!”
The Main Event in the series is the $1,000 Championship on Jan. 22. Other buy-ins for additional events will range from $100 to $2,500. The tournaments will include Pot-Limit Omaha (PLO), No Limit Holdem (NLHE), Progressive Knockout (PKO), Freezeouts and High Rollers.
Other events that are notable include:
- $500 NLHE (Event 11, Jan. 12) – $40,000 guaranteed
- $250 PLO Six-Max (Event 7, Jan. 15) – $15,000 guaranteed
- $2,500 NLHE High Roller (Event 8, Jan. 15) – $100,000 guaranteed
- $500 NLHE (Event 16, Jan. 19) – $15,000 guaranteed
PokerStars PA will run a 72-tournament series Jan. 13-30. There will be a $250 Main Event with a guaranteed prize pool of $150,000. This tournament will begin on Jan. 29.
The series will have over $1.5 million in guaranteed prizes. Tournaments will be available for all bankroll sizes.