A quarterback playing in Philadelphia has to withstand pressure that comes from the fan base. Jalen Hurts might have it in him.
Hurts has shown progression in almost every season of his football career since college, which is sweet music to those who are thinking about betting the “over” on Jalen Hurts props. Pennsylvania sportsbooks have NFL player props available for the 2022 season including various markets for Jalen Hurts..
Hurts is looking to build off his sophomore campaign in the NFL where he led the Eagles to the playoffs last season.
Jalen Hurts props preview
The 2021 season was a tale of two seasons for the Eagles and Hurts. The Eagles relied heavily on the passing game in the early going which resulted in a 2-5 record. Then they reversed course, generating the best rushing attack in the NFL to finish 9-8 with a playoff berth. The Eagles set a franchise record and led the league in rushing with 2,715 yards.
Though the Eagles became a running team, Hurts improved as the season went on. Hurts finished the season with 3,144 passing yards and a 61.3% completion percentage. He threw 16 touchdown passes to nine interceptions in 15 games.
Hurts became a huge part of the Eagles’ rushing game. He led the league in rushing yards (784) and rushing touchdowns (10) among quarterbacks.
A season of progression is not far-fetched for Hurts, judging by what the Eagles did in the offseason.
After trading for elite WR AJ Brown, the Eagles now have one of the best offenses in the NFC with weapons all of the field:
Philadelphia Eagles Wide Receivers/Pass Catchers
- AJ Brown
- Devonta Smith
- Dallas Goedert
- Quez Watkins
- Zach Pascal
- Miles Sanders
- Kenneth Gainwell
- Boston Scott
- LT Jordan Mailata
- LG Landon Dickseron
- C Jason Kelce
- RG Jack Driscoll
- RT Lane Johnson
The Eagles are, at worst, solid all across the board. But what can separate themselves from other offenses in the league is their offensive line, which is an elite group. The offensive line created a league-best 2.9 yards before contact for Eagles rushers last season. They finished third in the NFL in pass block win rate at 67%.
Pro Football Focus has the Eagles’ offensive line ranked as the top unit heading into 2022.
Jalen Hurts NFL betting props
Jalen Hurts 2021 stats:
- 3,144 passing yards
- 16 passing touchdowns
- 10 rushing touchdowns
- 9 interceptions
- 784 rushing yards
Season NFL prop bets for most NFL quarterbacks have been released on PA sports betting apps. Since Hurts is a dual-threat, props on rushing stats are included.
Here are some Jalen Hurts regular season passing props available on DraftKings PA sportsbook:
- Yards: Over 3,650 (-110) / Under 3,650 (-110)
- Touchdowns: Over 22.5 (-110) / Under 22.5 (-110)
- Interceptions: Over 10.5 (-110) / Under 10.5 (-110)
Jalen Hurts regular season passing yards prop
- Yards: Over 3,599 (-120) / Under (-110)
- Touchdowns: Over 22.5 (-110) / Under 22.5 (-120)
Jalen Hurts regular season rushing yards prop
- Yards: Over 725.5 (-130) / Under 725.5 (+100)
- Touchdowns: Over 8.5 (+120) / Under (-150)
- Yards: Over 699.5 (-115) / Under 699.5 (-115)
- Touchdowns: Over 8.5 (+100) Under 8.5 (-130)
DraftKings PA sportsbook has Hurts listed 20th to lead the league in passing at +4000 with Carson Wentz and Ryan Tannehill. He has the 18th-best odds to lead the league in passing touchdowns at +5000.
Other Philadelphia Eagles prop betting
The Eagles should be a fun team to watch in 2022 and have a talented offense. Aside from Philadelphia Eagles futures and Jalen Hurts, there are other ways to bet on the Philadelphia Eagles. Here are some other props at DraftKings:
AJ Brown props
- Yards: Over 1,025.5 (-115) / Under 1,025.5 (-115)
- Touchdowns: Over 6.5 (-125) / Under 6.5 (-105)
- Receptions: Over 70.5 (-115) / Under 70.5 (-115)
Devonta Smith props
- Yards: Over 875.5 (-115) / Under 875.5 (-115)
- Touchdowns: Over 5.5 (-115) / Under 5.5 (-115)
- Receptions: Over 62.5 (-120) / Under 62.5 (-110)
Dallas Goedert props
- Yards: Over 700.5 (-120) / Under 700.5 (-110)
- Touchdowns: Over 4.5 (-130) / Under 4.5 (+100)
- Receptions: Over 61.5 (+100) / Under 61.5 (-130)
Miles Sanders props
- Yards: Over 900.5 (-110) / Under 900.5 (-120)
- Touchdowns: Over 6.5 (+110) / Under 6.5 (-140)
Philadelphia Eagles 2022 NFL odds
The Eagles are on the rise and made the playoffs last season with a rookie head coach and quarterback in his first year as a starter. Sportsbooks have the Eagles’ win total set at 9.5 or 10.5 and they are projected to finish second in the NFC East.
Lead image Matt Slocum/AP