Nine online sportsbooks in Pennsylvania present lots of lines, betting markets, boosts, tweets and promotions. The coronavirus pandemic forced the shutdown of major sports and has made the books get creative.
There are still options for bettors with live events and futures betting. Here is a full list of options that are currently available to bet on even amid coronavirus shutdowns.
UFC 249 is rescheduled for Saturday, May 9. BetRivers and PlaySugarHouse have a variety of betting options and lines for each of the 12 fights. In the main event, Tony Ferguson (-167) remains the favorite against Justin Gaethje (+155) for the interim lightweight title.
Top-ranked Ferguson had been -190 and fourth-ranked Gaethje +155 for the original April 18 matchup that was canceled.
With the NFL Draft in the rearview, PA sportsbooks have Steelers futures and player prop odds posted. If that’s not enough, there are also MLB futures and table tennis betting options.
Cowboys are now favorites in NFC East
The Philadelphia Eagles-Dallas Cowboys rivalry even has drama in the offseason. The Cowboys scooped up Oklahoma wide receiver CeeDee Lamb, who slipped to #17 in the NFL Draft.
Pre-draft rumors indicated the Eagles coveted Lamb. Here’s a look at the new NFC East winner odds at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Mocking Cowherd’s draft
PAOnlineCasino.com tracked Colin Cowherd’s Marquee 3 and Blazin’ 5 picks. He had a subpar college football season and a mediocre record picking the NFL. How did Cowherd make out with his 2020 mock draft?
He got four of the first five picks “right.” But Cowherd incorrectly predicted the Chargers would trade up with the Lions. They didn’t, but both landed the players Cowherd predicted.
Out of the 32 picks in the first round, Cowherd correctly matched eight players to the correct teams. An additional player, Jeff Gladney, was selected where Cowherd slotted but not by the team he predicted. If we were a kind grader and didn’t take into account the trades, Cowherd correctly predicted 28% of the picks.
Pittsburgh Steelers futures bets
There are plenty of Pittsburgh Steelers futures bets at Unibet online sportsbook.
Ben Roethlisberger specials
- Regular season total passing yards: Over/under 4000.5
- Regular season passing touchdowns: Over/under 27.5
JuJu Smith-Schuster specials
- Regular season total receiving yards: Over/under 1175.5
Pittsburgh Steelers odds
- Super Bowl: +2,800
- AFC North: +350
- Over/under wins: 8.5
- To make playoffs: Yes (-121), No (+100)
Ben Roethlisberger suffered a season-ending elbow injury during week 2. At FanDuel Sportsbook, Big Ben and newly un-retired Rob Gronkowski are the favorites to claim Comeback Player of the Year.
Fox Bet baseball props
With the length of the MLB season in question, the Fox Bet player prop future market is an interesting option.
- Most regular season hits
- Most runs
- Most strikeouts
- Most home runs
Fox Bet is usually generous with bet boosts and a few are available:
- Jean Segura to record the most hits in the regular season boosted from +2200 to +2,500.
- Mike Trout to record the most runs in the regular season boosted from +800 to +1.000.
- Max Scherzer to record the most strikeouts in the regular season boosted from +600 to +700.
Other Philadelphia Phillies related bet boosts available at FOX Bet:
- Philadelphia Phillies to win the World Series boosted from +2,000 to +2,500
- Bryce Harper to win National League MVP boosted from +1600 to +2,000
- Aaron Nola to win NL Cy Young Award boosted from +2,200 to +2,800
Table tennis tourney
Table tennis has accounted for the majority of the handle at PA sportsbooks during major sports shutdowns.
FanDuel’s Table Tennis Tournament gives the user the chance to compete against other players for a part of a $10,000 prize pool.
How to play:
- The tournament starts on April 27 and runs through May 11
- Users must opt-in
- Min. $5 bet
- Earn points for winning wagers placed on table tennis. The number of points earned for each successful wager depends on the odds of the wager.
- At the end of the promotion period, the top 50 participants (in terms of accumulated points) will earn a bonus in site credit based on their placement.
Some PA bettors scored big recently on high-ROI soccer bets.
Fetch a winner
Like last week, trying to close this week’s “Best of the Books” on a positive note.