It wasn’t a good kind of “lock” for sports bettors on Saturday. When users logged on to FanDuel in the morning the app was down. “Due to an issue on our site we will be performing maintenance to address the incident. Estimated duration 60 minutes” a message said. Then later, games had “lock” icons next to them.
FanDuel down due to site maintenance; bets will be settled as normal
At around 11:30 EST on Feb. 26 FanDuel tweeted:
“We appreciate your patience while our team works to complete today’s site maintenance and apologize for any potential inconvenience. We can assure you that any placed bets prior to maintenance will be settled as normal and we will keep you updated here once this is resolved.”
Then, at 1:50 p.m. they tweeted:
“At this time, all Sportsbook and Casino functionality has been restored. We appreciate your patience throughout this process.”
However, some customers still reported not being able to place bets.
A big sports Saturday
The last Saturday in February was packed with a full day of action for sports bettors.
- It started with 16 men’s college basketball games tipping off by 2 p.m.
- Third round play of the Honda Classic started in the morning.
- Boston Celtics vs. Detroit Pistons tipped off a 7-game slate of NBA action at noon.
- Edmonton vs. Florida and Washington vs. Philadelphia played at 12:30
- Morning FanDuel outages likely impacted English Premier League betting and other soccer wagering.
Twitter reacts to FanDuel outage
- “We demand site credit.”
- “FanDuel being down is sickening, with all these games on today.”
- “60 minute delay my ass who does a update saturday at 11 wtf.”
- “An hour before a stacked slate?”