Chestnuts aren’t the only thing roasting on an open fire this time of year in Philadelphia.
The Philadelphia Eagles’ season is going down in flames, and the hot seat — for the general manager, head coach and franchise quarterback — is starting to sizzle.
The growing drama leading up to the 23-17 loss on Monday Night Football against the Seattle Seahawks was much more exciting than the Eagles’ sluggish performance.
Why it’s not so sunny in Philadelphia:
- Carson Wentz’s poor play.
- When will rookie quarterback Jalen Hurts get more playing time?
- Owner Jeffrey Lurie didn’t attend the Cleveland Browns game and left a “few practices in “disgust.”
- Head coach Doug Pederson “wouldn’t be totally unhappy” if the Eagles fired him.
Monday’s loss puts the Eagles (3-7-1) in third place in the woeful NFC East.
Things don’t get easier for this team in disarray that has lost three in a row. The Eagles’ next three games are against the Green Bay Packers (8-3), New Orleans Saints (9-2) and Arizona Cardinals (6-5).
On Tuesday, Pennsylvania online sportsbook apps opened with the Eagles as 9-point underdogs against the Packers at Lambeau Field, with the total points line at 47.5. By Friday, the Eagles were 8.5-point underdogs, with the total points line at 48.5. On Sunday afternoon, the Eagles were down to a 7.5- or 8-point underdog.
Eagles vs. Packers betting splits
Betting splits from FanDuel as of Sunday morning:
- 78% of the money is on the Packers (-7.5) to cover the spread. Only the Chiefs (-13.5) have a more lopsided total
- 76% of the money is on the Packers moneyline
- 80% of the money is on the over (49.5)
Early betting splits from DraftKings:
- 85% of the money is on the Packers (-8.5) to cover the spread
- 99% of the money is on the Packers (-375) moneyline (most of any Week 13 game)
- 68% of the money is on the over (46.5)
At BetRivers, heading into Week 13, no Sunday game has more money wagered than Packers (-8.5, -375 ML) vs. Eagles (+310 ML).
- 89% of the money is on the Packers (-8.5) to cover the spread
- 95% of the money is on the Packers (-375) moneyline
- 83% of the money on the over (46.5)
An all-time bad beat for Seattle backers
The Eagles’ performance has been maddening to fans, and on Monday night, it bedeviled the majority of the betting public, who backed the Seahawks (-6.5).
- At FanDuel, 92% of the money was on the Seahawks (-6.5) to cover.
- At BetRivers, 88% of the money was on the Seahawks (-6.5) to cover.
With the Eagles trailing 23-9, Eagles tight end Richard Rodgers caught a Hail Mary pass that was batted back to him for a touchdown with 12 seconds left. Two-point conversion fanatic Pederson decided to go for it, and Miles Sanders converted. Final score: Seahawks 23, Eagles 17.
Big bets that took a beating:
- A person in Nevada wagered $500,000 (to win $454,545) on the BetMGM sportsbook app on the Seahawks (-6.5).
- Another BetMGM user made a $189,190 wager (to win $171,991) on Seattle (-6.5)
Eagles updated win totals and playoff chances
Will the Eagles make the playoffs?
(Odds via Fox Bet as of 12/1)
- Yes (-333)
- No (+235)
Eagles win totals
(Odds via FanDuel as of 12/1)
- Over 4.5 (-200)
- Under 4.5 (+170)
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers odds
Here are the odds at DraftKings Sportsbook, followed by the latest Eagles game odds.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers betting preview
Against the Seahawks, the Eagles started slow and punted on their first five drives. They didn’t get a first down until their final drive of the first half. The 15-play, 75-yard scoring drive cut the score to 14-6. It was the best sequence in a terrible night of football for the Eagles. Carson Wentz got sacked six times.
Through 11 games, Wentz has been sacked 46 times. (David Carr was sacked a record 76 times in 2002). Injuries to the offensive line, wide receivers who can’t get separation, and Pederson’s questionable play-calling make it hard to tell if Wentz has regressed or is simply not surrounded with any support.
During Week 12, the Green Bay Packers tightened their grip on a second straight NFC North title. Aaron Rodgers threw four touchdown passes to lead the Packers to a 41-25 win over the Chicago Bears. The Pack have a three-game lead over the slumping Bears (5-6).
Philadelphia Eagles vs. Green Bay Packers betting stats and info from DraftKings:
- The Eagles are 4-7 ATS; the Packers are 7-4.
- Four of the Eagles’ 11 games have hit the over; seven for the Packers.
- 31.7 ppg puts the Packers at the top, just barely above the Chiefs’ 31.
Week 13 promos at PA sportsbook apps
- Beat the Spread Bonus: $1 bonus for every point your team beats the spread by.
- Pigskin Parlay: Instant 50% cash boost when creating an eight-team parlay.
- New user deposit bonus: Get a 20% bonus, up to $1,000.
- Parlay Boost: Get a 20% profit boost on a four+ leg parlay for any NFL games this weekend.
- Risk-Free $1,000 bet for new users: New users at FanDuel can get up to a $1,000 free bet. Register, make a deposit and place a wager on the FanDuel sportsbook app. Then, if the first wager loses, FanDuel will refund your losses in the form of a free bet up to $1,000.
BetRivers Free NFL Profit Boost every week:
- Log in to BetRivers online sportsbook every Sunday and get a 50% profit boost (max $50 bet).
- Risk-free $500 bet: Place your first bet, and if it loses, the Fox Bet sportsbook app will match it as a free bet up to $500.
- $1 bet pays $50: New users only. $1 bet pays $50 in free bets if the Eagles (or Steelers) score.
Eagles vs. Packers Week 13 bet boosts
(Max bet $50)
- Packers (-2.5), and Dolphins (-5.5) boosted from (-127) to +125
- Eagles (+8.5), Jets (+8.5) boosted from (+243) to +275
- Davante Adams to score 2+ touchdowns boosted from (+370) to +380
- Jim Cramer’s NFC Beast Boost: All NFC East teams to lose in Week 13 boosted from (+140) to +175
- Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson each to throw for three+ TD passes boosted from (+695) to +775
- Davante Adams to score a TD and Packers to win boosted from (-125) to +100
- Miles Sanders to score a TD in the first half boosted from (+310) to +350
- Dallas Goedert and Jalen Reagor to combine for 150+ receiving yards boosted from (+500) to +550
- Final score: Packers 24, Eagles 20 boosted from (+8000) to +10000
- At least three to score a TD — Alvin Kamara, Dalvin Cook, Adrian Peterson, Miles Sanders, Melvin Gordon (yes) +250
- Aaron Rodgers 300+ passing yards and Davante Adams 75+ receiving yards (yes) +190
Philadelphia Eagles 2020 odds tracker
(Odds via FanDuel Sportsbook)
|Sept. 1, 2020||Oct. 16 (Week 6)||Oct. 20 (Week 7)||Oct. 28 (Week 8)||Nov. 3 (Week 9)||Nov. 10 (Week 10)||Nov. 17 (Week 11)||Nov. 24 (Week 12)||Dec. 1 (Week 13)||Dec. 8 (Week 14)||Dec. 15 (Week 15)||Dec. 22 (Week 16)|