History hangs in the balance. Welterweight champion Kamaru Usman is seeking a record-tying 16th straight win when he faces challenger Leon Edwards in the main event of UFC 278 on August 20 in Salt Lake City. UFC bettors in Pennsylvania at DraftKings Sportsbook can win big with a promotion that gives users $200 instantly just for making a $5 bet.
No promo code is needed for this, just click “Play Now” below.
How to get the DraftKings Sportsbook UFC 278 promo
- Must be 21+ and physically located in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or other participating states.
- Sign up as a new user at DraftKings and deposit $5 or more into your account.
- Wager at least $5 on UFC 278 between 8/15 and 8/20.
- New users will receive $200 instantly in addition to any winnings once the wager settles.
- The first wager of $5 (or more) on UFC 278 is your qualifying wager.
- Bonus is paid out as 8 free $25 bets that must be used within 7 days.
- Free bet is not redeemable as cash and is non-transferable and non-redeemable.
- One qualifying bet per customer.
- Excludes odd boosts, free bets, cash out bets, and voided bets.
How to watch and purchase UFC 278
What: UFC 278: Usman vs. Edwards 2
Where: Vivint Arena – Salt Lake City, Utah
When: Saturday, August 20, 2022
Early Prelims: 6 p.m. – ESPN/ESPN+
Prelims: 8 p.m. – ABC/ESPN/ESPN+
Main Card: 10 p.m. ESPN PPV
ESPN+ will broadcast an exclusive live stream of UFC 278. An ESPN+ subscription costs $6.99 per month. The UFC 278 PPV live stream can be purchased for $74.99.
UFC 278 betting preview
Usman (20-1-0), “The Nigerian Nightmare,” has won 15 straight UFC fights and recorded five straight title defenses since capturing the welterweight belt in 2019. He last faced Edwards (19-3-0), the British challenger, in 2015, winning the fight by unanimous decision in the third round.
Edwards, however, has won nine straight decisions since his loss to Usman in 2015. (Edward’s matchup against Belal Muhammad at UFC Fight Night 187 in 2021 ended as a no contest after Muhammad suffered an accidental eye poke that left him unable to continue).
With a win on Saturday, Usman will tie former middleweight champion Anderson Silva for the most consecutive victories ever by a UFC fighter.
“He’s one of the greatest of all-time,” UFC President Dana White recently told MMA Underground. “And he’s already the greatest welterweight. There’s no denying that.”
DraftKings Sportsbook has Usman at -380 on the moneyline for Saturday’s bout. Edwards is +310.
UFC 278 full fight card betting lines
In the penultimate match, two middleweights near a career crossroads will meet in the octagon. Former middleweight champion Luke Rockhold, a California native, will fight again for the first time in three years. His opponent, Brazilian Paulo Costa, looks to rebound after two straight defeats.
The moneylines for Costa/Rockhold and the rest of Saturday’s fights are as follows:
- Luke Rockhold (+285) vs. Paulo Costa (-345)
- Jose Aldo (+115) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (-135)
- Marcin Tybura (+295) vs. Alexandr Romanov (-360)
- Tyson Pedro (-740) vs. Harry Hunsucker (+540)
- Leonardo Santos (+225) vs. Jared Gordon (-265)
- Wu Yanan (+105) vs. Lucie Pudilova (-125)
- Sean Woodson (-325) vs. Luis Saldana (+270)
- Miranda Maverick (-560) vs. Shanna Young (+430)
- A.J. Fletcher (-155) vs. Ange Loosa (+135)
- Amir Albazi (-410) vs. Francisco Figueiredo (+330)
- Aori Qileng (-150) vs. Jay Perrin (+130)
- Victor Altamirano (-175) vs. Daniel Da Silva (+150)
History hangs in the balance on Saturday night. With one more win, Kamaru Usman further cements his legacy as one of the greatest UFC fighters of all time.
A loss might erase all that.
So that result looms large.
But for new users at DraftKings, a big win is already guaranteed,
All it takes is one wager.
UFC 278 Usman vs. Edwards best betting odds
Lead image Corey Sipkin/AP