Julianna Pena defeating Amanda Nunes to win the UFC women’s bantamweight title was one of the biggest upsets in the history of the sport. A rematch in UFC 277 sets the stage for high drama as Pena looks to prove that the win eight months ago was no fluke. For Nunes, who is widely regarded as the best female fighter of all time, it’s the first time she is a challenger in a title fight.
Plenty is at stake at UFC 277 but for UFC bettors, you don’t have to wager much to get in the UFC 277 action. A new DraftKings UFC promo gives you $100 when you bet at least $5 on any UFC 277 moneyline. No promo code is needed for this, just click “Play Now” below.
How to get the DraftKings Sportsbook UFC 277 promo
New sportsbook customers can claim the UFC 277 bet $5, win $100 DraftKings promo here.
- Click “Play Now” above.
- Sign up at DraftKings sportsbook and make your first deposit of at least $5 or more.
- Place a moneyline wager of $5 or more on UFC 277 prior to the start of the event.
- The offer for the DraftKings UFC promo is available in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
- You will receive $100 in free bets, in addition to any cash winnings from your original wager once it settles. Bonus paid as four (4) $25 free bets.
- Free Bets valid for seven (7) days. Failure to use the Free Bets will void the award
How to watch and purchase UFC 277
- What: UFC 277
- Where: American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas
- When: Saturday, July 30
- Early Prelims: Start at 6 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and UFC Fight Pass
- Prelims: Start at 8 p.m. ET on ABC, ESPN/ESPN+
- Main Card: Starts at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+
ESPN+ will have an exclusive live stream of UFC 277. An ESPN+ subscription costs $6.99 per month, and the UFC 277 PPV live stream costs $74.99.
UFC 277 Main Card and betting odds
The main card features five fights and two championship fights. Odds at DraftKings Sportsbook as of 7/28.
- Women’s Bantamweight Championship: Julianna Pena (+225) vs. No. 1 Amanda Nunes (-265)
- Interim Flyweight Championship: No. 1 Brandon Moreno (-210) vs. No. 2 Kai Kara France (+180)
- Heavyweight Bout: No. 5 Derrick Lewis (+115) vs. No. 11 Sergei Pavlovich (-135)
- Flyweight Bout: No. 4 Alexandre Pantoja (-190) vs. No. 6 Alex Perez (+160)
- Light Heavyweight Bout: No. 4 Magomed Ankalev (-540) vs. No. 5 Anthony Smith (+420)
UFC 277 betting preview
With the DraftKings promo, a $5 moneyline wager gets you in on the action for a chance to win $100. Magomed Ankalev (-540) is the biggest favorite on the Main Card. Nunes is also a heavy favorite.
Matt Petela at Combat Press said:
Peña’s success in the first meeting was widely due to her ability to land several precise 1-2 combinations on the dazed Nunes. Overall, Nunes is the superior striker and was likely caught by a combination that she was uncharacteristically unable to overcome. Nunes will reclaim her belt, plain and simple. She is the better mixed martial artist and will have something to prove in the second meeting.
Pena vs. Nunes stats
- Avg. fight length: 11 mins
- Each of Pena’s last four fights as an underdog have failed to go the distance
- Each of Pena’s last four fights an an underdog ended by submission.
- Avg. fight length 9:39
- Nunes has won 12 of her last 13 fights
DraftKings UFC betting preview and favorites
Figures from DraftKings Sportsbook as of July 28 show UFC bettors are leaning heavily toward Magomed Ankalev (-540) beating No. 5 Anthony Smith (+420). Also, they are expecting a quick bout between Derrick Lewis and Sergey Pavlovich.
Lead image Chase Stevens/AP